• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
I hope Martyn bats so well in the ODI's that the selectors have to pic him for the super test
There's more chance that I get picked in the Super Test to be fair.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
I'll be there to witness the pain first hand :D

Any other Victorians going?
JONO,,are you going to the ODI ?
We are staying at a place called the crown in melbourne city. I am told the telstra ground is not very far from the crown, Do you know if this is right or have you not heard of crown hotel?
Then we are heading to a place called South Marang in outer suburbs for some stuff to do with junior cricket announcement,,,do you know if this is far from crown hotel as well?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
There's more chance that I get picked in the Super Test to be fair.
HAHA not a hope in hell,even if he made 300 runs he would not get into test squad for super series.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
What are the odds ROW break 400 against Victoria? Especially with it being a warm-up game - KP, Fred, Afridi, Lara et al will all just go out all guns blazing - it's not like there's anything at stake.
Just for fun Barny i will bet they dont even get to 300,,,hows that for brave statement?
Took a lot of guts to do this hahahaha

Victoria are on a hiding to nothing really,so can play with freedom,they are expected to get walloped
Are the selectors playing some games in not picking SK WARNE as he is a victorian and will be playing district cricket for ST Kilda on the same day????WTF is the go here?? Games i suspect.Would have thought warney would wanted to have a look at them before test but then again they prob would like to have a look at him as well,i guess thats why they are selectors and we are cricket watchers and lovers hahaha

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I think what he meant was that Tendulkar's fitness, when he is fully fit, is better than Inzy's, in the sense that Sachin is generally in the better shape when it comes to having to run around in the field or even while batting.
Add to that a small matter of "er", the difference between allround and allrounder and you see why a someone who is 'fit allround' doesnt fit as easily into being a 'fitter allrounder' as you assume

:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
jlo33692 said:
JONO,,are you going to the ODI ?
We are staying at a place called the crown in melbourne city. I am told the telstra ground is not very far from the crown, Do you know if this is right or have you not heard of crown hotel?
Then we are heading to a place called South Marang in outer suburbs for some stuff to do with junior cricket announcement,,,do you know if this is far from crown hotel as well?
Yes the Crown is very close to the Telstra Dome, so you won't have any trouble getting there. I'm not sure how far South Marang is, but the Crown is pretty much the middle of the city, so it shouldn't be too far.

And yep I'm going to all 3 ODIs, plus the free Victoria game tomorrow :D

Donny

Cricket Spectator
aussie said:
I hope Martyn bats so well in the ODI's that the selectors have to pic him for the super test or else i would be a bit uncomfortable with Australia picking Watson as the all-rounder since the middle-order will look seriously iffy vs R.O.W.
Mate, the Super Test squad has been picked.

Marto isn't in it. End of story.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
Yes the Crown is very close to the Telstra Dome, so you won't have any trouble getting there. I'm not sure how far South Marang is, but the Crown is pretty much the middle of the city, so it shouldn't be too far.

And yep I'm going to all 3 ODIs, plus the free Victoria game tomorrow :D
sorry jono , i had it misspelt ,i was told ,it is South morang and it is on or through or near Epping in northern melbourne, How lucky you are to live close to MCG,as that is a favorite ground of so many players and always seems to be some sort of records are being made on that ground.
M8 do they still retain the ground i see in the old cricket from world series cricket days,i think it was called the waverley cricket oval and looked bloody huge,no ropes in those days and if you hit a six you had to earn it. Is or Was the ground bigger than the MCG? maybe it is in sydney but for some reason i always think of melbourne when i watch those old clips.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Warne has just finished his bwling in district cricket,3 for 42 i think they said from his 10 overs,keep that up and he might get into the ODI side hahaha or even the victorian side..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Damn Freddy isn't playing tomorrow against Victoria. I'll have to wait until the first ODI to see him live. :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
given the selection for the game against Victoria it appears that the final XII (pretty much as we expected) will look something like this

Sehwag
Gayle
Kallis
Lara
Dravid/Pietersen
Flintoff
Sangakarra
Pollock
Akhtar
Murali
Ntini(Vettori)

Super Sub: Afridi
Seems a straight shoot out between Dravid or Pietersen for the last batting place, probably leaning towards Dravid. And Ntini or Vettori based on the track, from the comments its clear Flintoff was rested whilst Vettori was left out.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Damn Freddy isn't playing tomorrow against Victoria. I'll have to wait until the first ODI to see him live. :(
Gee, you're so hard done by....! :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
given the selection for the game against Victoria it appears that the final XII (pretty much as we expected) will look something like this

Sehwag
Gayle
Kallis
Lara
Dravid/Pietersen
Flintoff
Sangakarra
Pollock
Akhtar
Murali
Ntini(Vettori)

Super Sub: Afridi
Seems a straight shoot out between Dravid or Pietersen for the last batting place, probably leaning towards Dravid. And Ntini or Vettori based on the track, from the comments its clear Flintoff was rested whilst Vettori was left out.
Given Gayle and Dravid were added late to the squad I would hope KP is ahead of both of them. I'd certainly have KP ahead of Dravid, especially as the side looks light on players who can hammer the attack in the late overs.

Blaze

Banned
Akhtar, Murali and Ntini.

That tail is too long IMO. Vettori should play. (No NZ bias coming through)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well tbh if they played Pietersen and Dravid and dropped Ntini they'd still have Pollock, Akhtar, Flintoff, Murali and Gayle/Kallis/Sehwag plus Afridi as supersub