• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
i'll give you that he looks to be a decent batsman, but anyone suggesting that hes actually bowled well this series is seriously out of his mind.
He's not done too badly. Obviously his figures are helped by the fact that he's been the most bowled player for Australia and that some of his bad balls haven't been put away, but coming up against the World's Best (supposedly) at only 24 and doing as well as he has is hardly easy.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tim said:
I couldn't see Dravid doing any better to be honest, in this series.
To give the World XI captaincy to Dravid when he's never been a regular captain for India would be ridiculous.
No one in this one-day squad are current captains. Or is Lara? I thought he gave up the position but now I cant think of who the captin for WI is nowadays.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, but this is not County Cricket, a warm-up match against Victoria or a even more meaningless Asia/Africa series..this is versus Australia and it was almost predictable that Shoaib would fail to front..however whats saving him is that all the pace bowlers have been poor.

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
arguable, but i doubt dravid would make some of the utterly stupid bowling changes and field placements that pollock has made in this series.
And having Gayle as a super-sub and not bringing him on earlier so he could bowl at the death, and not having Lara at 4.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The World XI Test side has too many South Africans in it !! And going by the batting form of Kallis and the poor bowling by Pollock , I would say these 2 or Akhtar or Vettori will be the players making the list of the final 2 who will be dropped .

I personally can't see Harmison being dropped or Freddie if he is not injured .

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The World XI side would be insane to not play both Murali & Vettori, because they're the only 2 bowlers looking like causing problems.

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
What a stupid idea this replay for LBWs thing is. What does that replay tell us except "it might not have been out"?
err inside edges?
balls pitching outside the line of leg stump?
it certainly tells us far more than real time does.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JASON said:
The World XI Test side has too many South Africans in it !! And going by the batting form of Kallis and the poor bowling by Pollock , I would say these 2 or Akhtar or Vettori will be the players making the list of the final 2 who will be dropped .

I personally can't see Harmison being dropped or Freddie if he is not injured .
Yeah right....Vettori may be dropped?? 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
i'll give you that he looks to be a decent batsman, but anyone suggesting that hes actually bowled well this series is seriously out of his mind.
no they woud be out of his mind to think, come on Tec he didn't even though his wickets were off poor balls on wednesday he still was economical, on friday after the early onslaught from Gayle & Sanhakkara where he had intial figures of 3-0-30-0, he came back superly in his remaining overs to with 10-0-56-1, so he has bowled well

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
And having Gayle as a super-sub and not bringing him on earlier so he could bowl at the death, and not having Lara at 4.
not having lara at 4 is barely his fault, its the fault of the geniuses who decided to stack their lineup with middle order players down till number 8.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
The World XI side would be insane to not play both Murali & Vettori, because they're the only 2 bowlers looking like causing problems.
Harmison might play has well looking at the shoaib has bowled.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JASON said:
The stats may be identical, but Murali generally was bowling at times when the Aussies were going hammer and tongs at the start of the innings and he usually tied the run rate down or (nearly always) made the breakthrough before things got a little easier for Vettori to come in to the game !! :)
And Vettori bowled more at the death in the first game :p

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
gayles nothing but a slogger. although it would be fun to watch him hit some 4's and 6's, oh well!

lee better get more wickets like that hahaha :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its unbelievable that Sangakkara will make way for Boucher. I suppose though, that the selectors had to make their choices awhile back.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tim said:
Its unbelievable that Sangakkara will make way for Boucher. I suppose though, that the selectors had to make their choices awhile back.
Agreed on both points, but surely the selectors can make decisions now that they've seen the form of the players

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
not having lara at 4 is barely his fault, its the fault of the geniuses who decided to stack their lineup with middle order players down till number 8.
That maybe so but they still could have put him in at 4, which wouldn't be too unfimilar for Lara (would probably suit him well).