• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
no they woud be out of his mind to think, come on Tec he didn't even though his wickets were off poor balls on wednesday he still was economical, on friday after the early onslaught from Gayle & Sanhakkara where he had intial figures of 3-0-30-0, he came back superly in his remaining overs to with 10-0-56-1, so he has bowled well
no he just wasnt played well enough, kallis and co simply batted like players who were completely out of touch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
tooextracool said:
except that Virendar sehwag averages 27.89 since 2003 against all sides not including bangladesh and zimbabwe,
Averaging 27.89 with a strike rate of 95-96 isnt bad at all.

Slow Love™

International Captain
JASON said:
May be I made a mistake earlier !! This is what I was referring to . It may have been Watson who seemed Plumb LBW in his 20s or 30s !!

But Hair did not refer it or give it !!

It was absolutely PLUMB !
I thought it might have been going over the top myself, but I agree that Hair should have referrred it - if not for any other reason, then for diplomacy's sake, considering the protagonists. :)

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
That maybe so but they still could have put him in at 4, which wouldn't be too unfimilar for Lara (would probably suit him well).
lara shouldnt have been in the side ITFP, and i dont see how batting dravid at 6 or kallis at 5 wouldnt be wholly unfair to them either, especially when you consider that those 2 have been more consistent than lara has in the last few years.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
no he just wasnt played well enough, kallis and co simply batted like players who were completely out of touch.
Ha just cant finf it in your heart to give him credit can you 8-)

PY

International Coach
Pump Pietersen and Afridi up the order if the RR doesn't increase soon surely?

You can't have someone as dangerous as Pietersen at 8, it's just ridiculous.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Pump Pietersen and Afridi up the order if the RR doesn't increase soon surely?

You can't have someone as dangerous as Pietersen at 8, it's just ridiculous.
Pietersen isn't playing.

Lara first ball!

Eclipse

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
what are you talking about? 27-28 is disgraceful for a top order player no matter what the SR.

you would need a strike rate of about 250 for that kinda average to be effective..

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
Ha just cant finf it in your heart to give him credit can you 8-)
i cant? i certainly have no problem with giving him credit for his innings with the bat today, but i never give credit to someone who bowls rubbish and and gets away with it, simply because his figures look better than what he actually bowled.

PY

International Coach
SirBloody Idiot said:
Pietersen isn't playing.

Lara first ball!
Oops I meant Flintoff and Afridi. But the principle still applied. :laugh:

It's early here. :p

Last edited: