• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

Meridio

International Regular
Jesus ****ing Christ, I go out to grab some lunch, come back and Sri Lanka's on target for about 500.

I know Hesson's got the reputation of being very tactical, but **** me we've made some stupid decisions this tournament. Think the whole open-the-bowling-with-a-spinner is a much overused tactic these days - imo you should always be looking to take wickets with the new ball, and swing is the best way to do that. Unless the conditions really, really suit it or the opposition can't play spin, neither of which apply here.

Oh, I see we have a wicket. Yay

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know you're good when you get out, Sanga follows you, yet the game gets less entertaining.

Mahela wag

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Needed to bring a seamer on against the new batsman. Vettori will just get milked and let the new batsman settle - he needs to be on a bit later when NZ are more in the game.

Presumably Franklin will be on sooner rather than later.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sangakkara needs a few more (scoring 33 or more this innings) to become the third Sri Lankan in the game to pass 1000 T20I runs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
A nice summary of how dumb we've been in this tournament: Oram beats Sangakkara outside off stump, with a slip in, then bowls a slower ball halfway down on leg stump followed by another long hop. Magic.

Meticulous is looking like meaning trying to reinvent the wheel as far as Hesson is concerned. So many out of the box and outright silly tactics in this game and Pakistan. Twenty20 is actually a lot simpler than any other form but we don't see it that way, clearly.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also, SL's batsman are essentially too good for our mediocre T20 attack. All our bowlers are containing bowlers, with only Mills and Southee (with the new ball) looking to take wickets at all.

****ed up that potential runout I reckon. Throw not quite accurate.
... and totally wrong :laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Another over for Franklin - not sure if good idea or not.

That could easily have gone to a fielder too