• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Middle order folding against Shardul tells its own story. Just stay out there and give Conway support FFS

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well that’s probably the game unless Macewell and Santner can replicate their Hyderabad heroics.

Conway now probably the most important NZ wicket (more than Kane) from an opposition POV. The batting seems to depend on him far too much - need the others to up their game.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What are NZ's domestic backup options like in this format? I assume a first choice XI is something like

1.Conway
2.Allen?
3.Kane
4.Latham +
5.Mitchell?
6.Phillips?
7.Bracewell
8.Santner
9.Boult
10.Fergurson?
11.Southee/Henry/Jamieson/sodhi?

Full strength lineup looks decent. Think shipley should still be in the conversation, was NZ's best all-round bowler in the first 2 games of this series and he can bat. Mitchell has been gun at points and has a nack of making clutch runs and phillips had a good knock vs pak but i'm not sold on either. I think 4.Phillips 5.Latham+ 6.Mitchell would work better but maybe one or two players need replacing. Not sold on allen either but he has massive upside and is the only guy bar phillips and bracewell who can score quickly consistently in this format. If you drop Allen and bring in current form guptill/nicholls/young you've got a top 4 of guys who are all pretty slow scorers, don't know how that's gonna go in a WC in india.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
why the **** is there a clamour to get ****ing Patidar into the odi xi in this thread as if some grave injustice has been done to not play him? he’s okay for being on the bench and playing in case of an emergency but even then there are other players more deserving to be ahead of him
Who are those exactly?? Patidar was second highest Ranji run scorer & best India A batsman out there. Not even Sarfaraz could match him. Stellar IPL with a 150+ Strike Rate. Carrying RCB almost.
He is clearly next in Line.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Second clean sweep in six months I guess for Kiwis away from home. First Australia then this one.
I think they have to take call on Allen Nicholls & I would actually like to see Mitchell opening at this rate.

India are missing a lot of key players but backups are ready. Rohit needs to start calming the f*** down & back Umran more. He was bowling serious heat in that second over & was called off.
Umran won't mind bowling under Hardik come T20 stuff. Overall he has shown decent accuracy being a rookie young express pacer. Certainly more accurate than Shoaib or Tait at this age.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What are NZ's domestic backup options like in this format? I assume a first choice XI is something like

1.Conway
2.Allen?
3.Kane
4.Latham +
5.Mitchell?
6.Phillips?
7.Bracewell
8.Santner
9.Boult
10.Fergurson?
11.Southee/Henry/Jamieson/sodhi?

Full strength lineup looks decent. Think shipley should still be in the conversation, was NZ's best all-round bowler in the first 2 games of this series and he can bat. Mitchell has been gun at points and has a nack of making clutch runs and phillips had a good knock vs pak but i'm not sold on either. I think 4.Phillips 5.Latham+ 6.Mitchell would work better but maybe one or two players need replacing. Not sold on allen either but he has massive upside and is the only guy bar phillips and bracewell who can score quickly consistently in this format. If you drop Allen and bring in current form guptill/nicholls/young you've got a top 4 of guys who are all pretty slow scorers, don't know how that's gonna go in a WC in india.
Southee should be there to start IMO. He is pretty good in the SC over 10 overs.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Malik might make into backups at this rate at WC. Mm... Unless Shardul really falls off with bat & ball which is not unrealistic.
He might go into Haris Rauf zone with being a regular T20 bowler atm.
Prasidh Krishna & Kuldeep Sen are injured & won't be seen till IPL.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw the brief NZ reply, and Conway batting beautifully.

Really starting to believe Daryl Mitchell is a myth. That one T20 innings v England in the 2021 T20 WC, that great test series last year and **** all else. Also his bowling is worse than Neesham's, which is saying something.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was really good in the tests against India in India too, though. He may be coming down with second season-itis but you cant blame his selection I think.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Really starting to believe Daryl Mitchell is a myth. That one T20 innings v England in the 2021 T20 WC, that great test series last year and **** all else. Also his bowling is worse than Neesham's, which is saying something.
Yeah I was thinking about that...I mean, it's a bit rough to call a guy who scores tons in 3 consecutive Tests a myth, but he might not be the limited overs player we think he is.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Did well vs pakistan in the 2022 t20 wc semifinal game aswell, was NZ's best bat that game.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Conway batted like a champion and the others like a pack of fools. Some soft dismissals from the usual suspects.