• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Stefan9

International Debutant
From pure giving a batting opportunity right now, yep. I`m thinking from a longer term point of view, I think Markram should be batting 3/4 in SA teams.

Assuming they pick Markram and Reeza for WC, I would want Reeza to open and Markram to play 4, with Faf at 3.
For tests I agree markram should eventually bat 4 but in odi's he should be open for me. Believe your best player should see face as many balls as possible in limited overs cricket.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
For tests I agree markram should eventually bat 4 but in odi's he should be open for me. Believe your best player should see face as many balls as possible in limited overs cricket.
I would agree if we did not already have QDK. Big problem SA is having is the batting is to top heavy, it is something that SA is struggling with for awhile. And I think long term a player needs to learn his role. I think QDK does best when he has a foil like Amla and Faf at 3 makes sense, then an aggressive Markram to continue the good work. I would like to avoid the problem the other day after QDK gave us such a great start.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I would agree if we did not already have QDK. Big problem SA is having is the batting is to top heavy, it is something that SA is struggling with for awhile. And I think long term a player needs to learn his role. I think QDK does best when he has a foil like Amla and Faf at 3 makes sense, then an aggressive Markram to continue the good work. I would like to avoid the problem the other day after QDK gave us such a great start.
Yeah agreed, he'd be playing the AB role in the middle-order.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Nortje bowled himself into the World Cup squad surely?Will definitely be needed cause they’ll play the 3 pacers in the big games and might look to rotate in the lesser games,he will definitely be needed then imo

MrPrez

International Debutant
Of course all this testing the batting becomes pointless if we bowl SL out for 150.....
Yup I'm strangely annoyed we've had such a good start. Was hoping to catch a fair bit of the match but could well be over by the time I get home.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Nortje bowled himself into the World Cup squad surely?Will definitely be needed cause they’ll play the 3 pacers in the big games and might look to rotate in the lesser games,he will definitely be needed then imo
Him being included the squad for these last two matches would definitely indicate that. Steyn, Rabada, and Ngidi were always going to go the World Cup, but South Africa did need another seamer in the squad to act as backup in the event of an injury, or as you've said for rotation. So they tried a number of different bowlers this summer - Olivier, Hendricks, Paterson, and now Nortje - and Nortje has definitely been the best of the lot.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Bizarre dismissal from Markram, and showing a lack of temperament. All that needs to be done here is work it around... Temperament is arguably more important than skill come SBT at the WC...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Bizarre dismissal from Markram, and showing a lack of temperament. All that needs to be done here is work it around... Temperament is arguably more important than skill come SBT at the WC...
You really think Markram does not have the temperament?