• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Stefan9

International Debutant
Is Markram the best opener around? I mean competition isn't stiff but still

Elgar
Karuna
Brathwaite
Latham
Shaw
Agarwal
Not till he performs in spinning conditions. Had a dreadfull tour of Sri Lanka. But on talent certainly up there.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is Markram the best opener around? I mean competition isn't stiff but still
I read this as you questioning his place in the SA side initially, as in don't SA have something better and was like wtf! I now understand having reread it. Pure talent, and he probably will not go to the WC?

Faf dismissal was poor on so many levels. SA batsmen finding interesting ways to get themselves out consistently.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Big innings for Markram here and for SA. De Kock will inevitably be a flashy and probably offer a chance here or there, Markram has a start, is set and SA desperately need him to go on.

Bolo

State Captain
He missed a full ball... just lazy.
Dont diss the inswinging dipping yorker. Akthar got a bunch of wickets that way. Cant blame faf for getting out to a guy bowling like akhtar.

Dipping might not be the right term for gravity on slow motion though.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Actually love watching genuine medium-paced swing bowling! A real rarity in tests, and very skilful
A bit generous?

This is horrible for batsmen though, just know that if you get out to this pace bowling when your team are in trouble would be awful.