• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bertus can’t play in that side as he’s actually made runs against grown men.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Maxwell is rapidly becoming the most overrated cricketer on this forum
It is reasonable to expect that Maxwell could replicate Andrew Symonds' stats at Test level given an extended run in the team.

And lets be honest, the Test team would give for anything for batsman at No. 5/6 averaging over 40.....who fields like a panther....and is a better bowler better than Labu and Head.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
It is reasonable to expect that Maxwell could replicate Andrew Symonds' stats at Test level given an extended run in the team.

And lets be honest, the Test team would give for anything for batsman at No. 5/6 averaging over 40.....who fields like a panther....and is a better bowler better than Labu and Head.
you are not exactly making me question my thesis that Maxwell is becoming the most overrated cricketer on this forum

Daemon

How many 30s and tons has he scored in the top order in the last few years apart from the one in India and the double hundred in the shield?

Bijed

International Regular
How many 30s and tons has he scored in the top order in the last few years apart from the one in India and the double hundred in the shield?
Tbf, Langer should really be counting that as 1 test ton and 1 first-class ton

Borges

International Regular
But why, oh why, did they have to make this Pat Cummins a joint-vice-captain?
Haven't they noticed what happened to joint-vice-captains in the past? Hazlewood turned distinctly mediocre, and Mitch Marsh wasn't even that.

aussie tragic

International Captain
You know it's bad when the cricinfo game page identifies the two form batsmen to watch as Khawaja (average 32.88) and Paine (average 30.66)

At least it has Lyon and Cummins as the bowlers

Top_Cat

I like Labuschagne but I’ve no idea what he’s done to be held onto for this Test whilst Handscomb is dumped.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I like Labuschagne but I’ve no idea what he’s done to be held onto for this Test whilst Handscomb is dumped.
Quite simple really, they were both recalled for the last Test and Handscomb only made 37, while Labushagne made a massive 38

TheJediBrah

you are not exactly making me question my thesis that Maxwell is becoming the most overrated cricketer on this forum
he's not wrong. There's no reason to assume Maxwell couldn't, or wouldn't, be a 40+ averaging Test batsman if given an extended run in the side, which he clearly should have had.

Of course he might not, but I wouldn't be betting against him. Red-ball cricket is probably his best format but he's hardly been able to get a decent run at it at any level because he's stuck playing meaningless ODIs (his worst format) for Aus

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to this D/N Test match. Think I might just have a quiet night in on Friday night watching the cricket.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A good old fashioned minnow bashing is what I'm hoping for from this series, given that Australia hasn't won a single series in any format since the Ashes in 2017. That was over a year ago guys.

EDIT: I lie, we won a meaningless T20 series at the beginning of 2018 and then a meaningless one off T20 one-match-series half way through 2018. But since they're meaningless T20s, they don't count. It'd be like winning the World T20 and treating it as being as important as a single ODI, which it clearly isn't.

Last edited: