• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

Rasimione

U19 Captain
**** like this is what's going to destroy South African Cricket, the board must be more proactive in the promotion of the sport and need to try and garner a bit of support for the first class cricket in the country, and the government needs to seriously focus on tackling the crime problem in the country and stop forcing quotas everywhere and move to a more merit based system.
Who is selected not on merit?

Stefan9

International Debutant
What are the odds of KG being rested for the last Test?

An attack of Philander, Olivier, Parnell, and Maharaj isn't terrible, to be fair. And will probably still bowl SL out for under 300 at the Wanderers.
Test cricket is test cricket. He should play the test and miss 90% of the lo stuff imho.

Who is selected not on merit?
With an average of only 32 after 41 tests I would say duminy is a very lucky guy to still be playing test cricket...Don't believe its color but I would have ditched him an age ago.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rabada is in his early 20s. He should be playing as much test cricket as possible. Resting him worried about his injuries would be paranoid and would only hurt his development.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Test cricket is test cricket. He should play the test and miss 90% of the lo stuff imho.

With an average of only 32 after 41 tests I would say duminy is a very lucky guy to still be playing test cricket...Don't believe its color but I would have ditched him an age ago.
If I recall he was ditched and proceeded to dominate Franchise cricket hence he's back.

Rasimione

U19 Captain

If I recall he was ditched and proceeded to dominate Franchise cricket hence he's back.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh god, have SA fans got to endure another SL test? You poor bastards.

Shocking touring side. Should only ever play at home so they're competitive. Seriously rather play WI or the Zimbobs than SL at home. They're the worst travellers since steerage passengers on the Titanic.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Oh god, have SA fans got to endure another SL test? You poor bastards.

Shocking touring side. Should only ever play at home so they're competitive. Seriously rather play WI or the Zimbobs than SL at home. They're the worst travellers since steerage passengers on the Titanic.
And about six billion one-dayers!

SeamUp

International Coach
The pitch is being prepared under a tent with the bad weather in Joburg in recent days and there is showers forecast through out the week so that pitch won't see much sun.

I reckon 4 seamers is on and at Wanderers it would be fine in normal conditions.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch is being prepared under a tent with the bad weather in Joburg in recent days and there is showers forecast through out the week so that pitch won't see much sun.

I reckon 4 seamers is on and at Wanderers it would be fine in normal conditions.
Would be great to see Olivier get a chance and Parnell has earned an opportunity again. It would also be nice to see de Bruyn replace Duminy, but that is unlikely to happen.

SeamUp

International Coach
Would be great to see Olivier get a chance and Parnell has earned an opportunity again. It would also be nice to see de Bruyn replace Duminy, but that is unlikely to happen.
Defo think it's a major chance and agree that they will keep the same top 6. Imagine Theunis comes in and does well and then AB has to come in. Could make it even more complicating.

SeamUp

International Coach
stuart hess ‏@shockerhess 2m2 minutes ago
Six new caps for Proteas for T20 series against Sri Lanka: JJ Smuts, Theunis de Bruyn, Mosehle, Phehlukwayo, Dane Paterson & Lungi Ngidi.

stuart hess ‏@shockerhess 59s60 seconds ago
Farhaan 'Fudge' Behardien will captain the SA T20 side for the 1st 2 T20s against Sri Lanka.

SeamUp

International Coach
T20 squad in full

Reeza HENDRICKS (Lions)
Heino KUHN (Titans)
Theunis DE BRUYN (Knights)
Dave MILLER (Knights)
Farhaan BEHARDIEN (c) (Titans)
Jon-Jon SMUTS (Warriors)
Mangaliso MOSEHLE (wk) (Lions)
Wayne PARNELL (Cobras)
Andile PHEHLUKWAYO (Dolphins)
Dane PATERSON (Cobras)
Lungi NGIDI (Titans)
Aaron PHANGISO (Lions)
Imran TAHIR (Dolphins)

Going to try and get away with percentages here to allow for AB to come in for Duminy/Bavuma ?

SeamUp

International Coach
Andrew McGlashan ‏@andymcg_cricket 3m3 minutes ago
CSA confirms that David Wiese was in their T20 squad v SL but has been withdrawn after taking Kolpak deal with Sussex #SAvSL

Marius

International Debutant
T20 squad in full

Reeza HENDRICKS (Lions)
Heino KUHN (Titans)
Theunis DE BRUYN (Knights)
Dave MILLER (Knights)
Farhaan BEHARDIEN (c) (Titans)
Jon-Jon SMUTS (Warriors)
Mangaliso MOSEHLE (wk) (Lions)
Wayne PARNELL (Cobras)
Andile PHEHLUKWAYO (Dolphins)
Dane PATERSON (Cobras)
Lungi NGIDI (Titans)
Aaron PHANGISO (Lions)
Imran TAHIR (Dolphins)

Going to try and get away with percentages here to allow for AB to come in for Duminy/Bavuma ?
I think so.

But nice to see Jon-Jon Smuts get a call-up, he's been one of those guys whose worked hard at domestic level for years, and he had a good T20 campaign this season.