• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
shaka said:
Any team would probably love to have paceys like them bowling in tandem.
if they're bowling at their best yes, of course that occurs seldomly indeed. as witnessed in only their last test series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha i love the pakistani side sometimes! on a pitch where there wasnt much in it for the bowlers, they produced the goods and already look on fire batting! good on em. can anyone tell me how kaneria bowled (stats arent very encouraging...)

FRAZ

International Captain
tooextracool said:
if they're bowling at their best yes, of course that occurs seldomly indeed. as witnessed in only their last test series.
Yes 1/5 people on earth have the same thinkings .... So they are not needed indeed ..... How ironic .................

twctopcat

International Regular
Good old shoaib, he must be bloody annoying to any pakistani fans, one day can be so good, the next frankly dire. I wish he was great the whole time, unless the opposition is England of course!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Good Team effort by SL to restrict Pak to 256/8 . Dilhara Fernando and Herath taking two wickets each, and the rest of the wickets shared by the others.

At close of Day 2, Pak lead by 13 runs with 2 wickets in hand.

Whichever Team that bats well in the second innings can take this match!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Yup for you any team should do well whichever is playing against them ...
Stay Kool
First day goes to Pakistan and there is nothing much in the pitch but I thought Kaneria dude should have done well .. Anil dilput(Test cricketer Pakistan ) has really coached his nephew very well i.e. Kaneria ...
YES :) I support any team that plays against Pakistan, You got a problem with that ?? :D

Btw Phraj Oops Fraz, The name is Anil Dalpat(not Dilput) and he was a wicketkeeper what would he know about Legspin ? And add to that he doesn't even live in Pakistan, he has been living in England for more than 15 years now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Good old shoaib, he must be bloody annoying to any pakistani fans, one day can be so good, the next frankly dire. I wish he was great the whole time, unless the opposition is England of course!

I think shoaib has been fairly consistent, after all no one can take a fifer in every test. The problem is with fans, they want him to take a wicket every time he runs into bowl. Also there is a Sami on the other side who is so inconsistent.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
Surprise surprise Samerwerra gets runs on flat lifeless wickets.
Yes, his other tons have been in run-feasts, but I think you're being unduly harsh here, given that 18 wickets have fallen for 499 runs (that's comfortably under 30 apiece), and nobody else has passed 60, not to mention the quality of the Pakistani bowling performance.

twctopcat

International Regular
Sanz said:
I think shoaib has been fairly consistent, after all no one can take a fifer in every test. The problem is with fans, they want him to take a wicket every time he runs into bowl. Also there is a Sami on the other side who is so inconsistent.
I didn't mean it literally. Just that some days he is so menacing and in control and then others like he has never picked up a ball. Hence some days gets smacked around (especially in ODI's recently) and then there's performances like this one.

tooextracool

International Coach
FRAZ said:
Yes 1/5 people on earth have the same thinkings .... So they are not needed indeed ..... How ironic .................
sami would be lucky to make any side in the world, with his average of 45 odd. he bowls rubbish for 9/10th of the games that he plays in.
akhtar yes, most sides in the world would want him, but hes so bloody inconsistent that id think twice before picking him particularly if hes my strike bowler.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
sami would be lucky to make any side in the world, with his average of 45 odd. he bowls rubbish for 9/10th of the games that he plays in.
akhtar yes, most sides in the world would want him, but hes so bloody inconsistent that id think twice before picking him particularly if hes my strike bowler.
Shoaib Inconsistent ?? That's news to me. In Tests Shoaib Akhtar is one of the best fast bowlers today. Can you come up with some stats to back up your 'so bloody inconsistent' claim (Remember we are talking about tests)?

I dont remember him being inconsistent in last 5 years. Except for the Multan Test vs. India (where the pitch was an absulte belter on first two days) I have not seen any inconsistency in Shoaib's bowling last 5 years. He has been as consistent as any other fast bowler in the world, If not more.

Sami, I agree. He is one hell of an inconsistent bowler and I dont like his hair style. ;)

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
shoiab akhtar http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/PAK/S/SHOAIB_AKHTAR_07005649/
Career Statistics:
TESTS
(including 13/04/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 32 46 10 297 37 8.25 41.02 0 0 7 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 942.5 171 3060 125 24.48 6-11 8 2 45.2 3.24

ONE-DAY INTERNATIONALS
(including 16/10/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 117 57 29 296 43 10.57 71.84 0 0 15 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 914.5 75 4170 185 22.54 6-16 4 3 29.6 4.55

FIRST-CLASS
(1994/95 - 2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 105 143 44 1170 59* 11.81 0 1 32 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 2707 447 9668 372 25.98 6-11 22 2 43.6 3.57

LIST A LIMITED OVERS
(1993/94 - 2004/05; last updated 21/10/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 153 81 31 607 56 12.14 0 1 26 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 1204.5 101 5557 241 23.05 6-16 9 4 29.9 4.61

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
Shoaib Inconsistent ?? That's news to me. In Tests Shoaib Akhtar is one of the best fast bowlers today. Can you come up with some stats to back up your 'so bloody inconsistent' claim (Remember we are talking about tests)?

I dont remember him being inconsistent in last 5 years. Except for the Multan Test vs. India (where the pitch was an absulte belter on first two days) I have not seen any inconsistency in Shoaib's bowling last 5 years. He has been as consistent as any other fast bowler in the world, If not more.
his performances outside the sub continent(and NZ who seem to be jinxed against him) have been distinctly poor. in australia he averages nearly 68, in SA he averages 43 , and in england he averages 64.
shoaib akhtars performances should be analyzed in spells, generally hes rubbish for 5 out of 6 spells in a match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This looks to be a cracker of a game! Huge fight back by the Sri Lankans.

And nothing is great (or well nothing much) than knowing Akhtar is on fire. :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
Pakistan first have to get to 300, and anything else will be a bonus IMO. For Sri Lanka it is the direct opposite.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
YES :) I support any team that plays against Pakistan, You got a problem with that ?? :D

Btw Phraj Oops Fraz, The name is Anil Dalpat(not Dilput) and he was a wicketkeeper what would he know about Legspin ? And add to that he doesn't even live in Pakistan, he has been living in England for more than 15 years now.
Huh "Veggie Sarcasm".. Huh Huh .Any one new to certain names ,Is gonna write them as he hears them .... And by the way Your name must be Sandeepay or Sanjay . May be some people new to this name can put San as Sun ........ No offense was there any ways . I dont know what is the problem with some people ........
How do you pronounce "I" in Flirt and "U" in Puff. Did'nt take care then what .....
Stay Kool any ways
Back to the topic , Srilankans have an upper hand in this one ........

Last edited: