• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My NZ 15 man WC squad at this point in time would probably be;

Batsmen

Conway
Allen
Williamson (c)
Young
Latham +
Phillips
Mitchell

Pace bowlers

Ferguson
Boult
Shipley or Jamieson if fit
Henry
Southee

Spinners

Sodhi
Bracewell
Santner

Back-up keepers Conway & Phillips. Could be argued 3 spinners isn't enough for a WC squad in the SC but I'd probably play all each game unless conditions suggested otherwise. Neesham stiff since he can be a match-winner, but dude's too inconsistent especially with the ball.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Lahiru mate, the game's lost – focus on important things like ensuring each bowler's number of overs is an integer.

Zinzan

Guess my top XI would be;

Allen
Conway
KW *
Mitchell
Latham +
Phillips
Bracewell
Santner
Sodhi
Ferguson
Boult

Great batting depth with Santner at 8. Henry in ahead of Sodhi on a good pitch for the pacers.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very nice from Will Young. While his test game has had its disappointments and he is now stuck behind Nicholls again for the foreseeable future, ODIs could be his niche. Has a great List A record too, fwiw.

Probably still the perennial curse of being stuck just outside the first choice top 6, as in test cricket, though in a tournament like the ODI World Cup that still may see him get a couple of matches.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Guess my top XI would be;

Allen
Conway
KW *
Mitchell
Latham +
Phillips
Bracewell
Santner
Sodhi
Ferguson
Boult

Great batting depth with Santner at 8. Henry in ahead of Sodhi on a good pitch for the pacers.
I think I like Latham at 4 in the sub-continent, given his ability to play spin from ball one. But yeah 4-5-6 could go any way around. I think my best XI has Henry in it, and I'd forgotten about Ferguson (although he hasn't bowled well over the last 12 months).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think Jamieson should play ahead of Shipley in the white ball side atm. Let Jamieson focus on red ball cricket and getting match fit for now. Southee-Boult-Henry-Fergo-Shipley is more then enough pace bowlers to choose from for a WC.

Zinzan

I think I like Latham at 4 in the sub-continent, given his ability to play spin from ball one. But yeah 4-5-6 could go any way around. I think my best XI has Henry in it, and I'd forgotten about Ferguson (although he hasn't bowled well over the last 12 months).
Loving the way Henry's bowling & would play him ahead of Sodhi on the right pitch but also could see him getting murdered on the wrong type of pitch in India with his meticulous line and length, so horses for courses between him and the 3rd spinner.

Ferguson bowled pretty well without luck in the recent ODIs in India including conceding 53 in his 10 when India scored 385.

Zinzan

Don't think Jamieson should play ahead of Shipley in the white ball side atm. Let Jamieson focus on red ball cricket and getting match fit for now. Southee-Boult-Henry-Fergo-Shipley is more then enough pace bowlers to choose from for a WC.
Fair

jcas0167

International Debutant
Young has such a classical batting style, probably my favourite to watch at the moment in the Black Caps. Great to see him see it through. And well played Nicholls, I wouldn't have picked him for this game but can't deny he has a good temperament for that type of situation.

Ronan

Cricket Spectator
Our government should get opportunities for our younger players because younger player energy, fitness, and style a good class nowadays players have

Last edited: