• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If he bats the first power play, I’d say he’s been a success. That’s just six overs, but someone who can smash it to all parts for that time while the field is up would be worth a spot in the team, you’d have to think. So strike rate is probably the most important factor for Allen … as long as he’s not constantly getting out first ball.
Which has been the problem recently. I've heard the reinforced seam in the white ball has been causing issues for batsmen at the start of the innings recently. Maybe the play is to let Conway face the first ball over Allen and have it so allen is attacking Naseem shah early over Shaheen Afridi.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Blundell to open tomorrow. Not sure what NZ have against Ravindra opening but they are sure as hell committed to forcing anyone who can roll their arm over to bat down the order.

I think Nicholas open tomorrow with Bowes & Chapman at #7.Nz never loose their last 7 game at seddon park so my team will be nz tomorrow,I do not think SL have any ODI till Wc 2023.

thierry henry

International Coach
Isn't this average fairly reasonable in T20, given his strike rate?
I've exposed my ignorance many times in trying to MoneyBall T20 without caring enough about T20 to know what I'm talking about.....but I'm pretty sure 22 is on the "unacceptably low" side.

What it really reflects is not so much a consistent 22(10) as an overly high number of failures. Maybe?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've exposed my ignorance many times in trying to MoneyBall T20 without caring enough about T20 to know what I'm talking about.....but I'm pretty sure 22 is on the "unacceptably low" side.

What it really reflects is not so much a consistent 22(10) as an overly high number of failures. Maybe?
My feeling is that even if this was the case, if the 1 in 3 or 4 times he does comes off wins you the game, then it's worth it, particularly as an opener.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Brilliant stuff from first name henry and last name henry. Gorgeous bowling. Perhaps Sri lanka should try going after these 2 instead of letting them settle in and bowl at them.