• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
4:12 pm
Tuesday, 28 March 2023 (GMT+13)
Time in Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand

8.43 am At Bombay (mumbai) india
So boring right now, only Ford Trophy final on tv, right now

cut-off time is 7.02pm for even a 20-over contest to take place. For now though, things look grim.

so i Assumed its Abandone game with out Toss.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Watching them both bat. Munro doesn't get rattled as quickly and comes off more often.
Munro had a pretty good BBL too? I vaguely recall that when he got axed from the T20 side his record in the two seasons beforehand was surprisingly good. His overall international T20 record is 65 games, average of 31 at a strike rate of 156.44. He was probably slightly hard done by while they persisted with Guptill for a long time even though his output dropped off.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Munro had a pretty good BBL too? I vaguely recall that when he got axed from the T20 side his record in the two seasons beforehand was surprisingly good. He was probably slightly hard done by while they persisted with Guptill for a long time even though his output dropped off.
Hes been gun in the BBL for 3 straight seasons and done well in PSL from memory.

The Hutt Rec

Munro had a pretty good BBL too? I vaguely recall that when he got axed from the T20 side his record in the two seasons beforehand was surprisingly good. His overall international T20 record is 65 games, average of 31 at a strike rate of 156.44. He was probably slightly hard done by while they persisted with Guptill for a long time even though his output dropped off.
He was dropped from the t20 side on the back of his poor ODI form imo. Never made much sense at the time.

ashley bach

International Captain
Munro's a seriously good T20 player and NZC have missed a trick.He probably would have been a better pick than Allen in recent times, but optimistic
Finn can kick on from here and really reach his full potential.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
He also had a sub par Super Smash iirc, saving face with one of the arsiest knocks I've ever seen.

He was underrated by the selectors in his pomp but I don't think we're losing anything without him. Allen is a class above in Super Smash, which is a much better barometer for NZ player success than the PSL. International T20 is a level above every franchise league in the world.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh Allen has been fine in domestic T20, the problem is he has had a pretty good crack at T20I and sucked balls. There was never a basis to drop Munro for him as Munro has a good record in all T20 and in T20I. Munro just got stiffed by the selectors and it is what it is.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He also had a sub par Super Smash iirc, saving face with one of the arsiest knocks I've ever seen.

He was underrated by the selectors in his pomp but I don't think we're losing anything without him. Allen is a class above in Super Smash, which is a much better barometer for NZ player success than the PSL. International T20 is a level above every franchise league in the world.
Munro was much better internationally too. He may not be the better 'investment' which I think is overstated in T20s but he's definitely a better batsman right now. And as far as leagues go, PSL is a pretty decent standard because it's only 6 teams and attracts a decent crop of international players. Far off international quality still but someone succeeding the world over in the better leagues definitely means something.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a moot point on Munro - as much as I would fill columns mentioning how stiff he was at the selection table at times, his NZ days are done. And for a guy who started at 11 for the Aces, I know he can look back with content on his career.

The bigger point is how Finn Allen is going to work out his game to be more consistently effective. No doubt the IPL stint will be massively beneficial to him, more so than being in our environment for the rest of the ODIs/T20s I reckon. As TH said, his T20I record is pretty poor. I reckon he's going to have a good, consistent crack at it - there's no wide discussion about his spot despite averaging 22 - and there's no one really pushing up underneath for an opening spot. You'd just imagine it'll be weight of games and trying to figure out what works, plus obviously he has the technical issue around his front pad that international teams have worked out. When we get the guys who can really hump it - and Josh Clarkson is one as well - we need to back ourselves to get the most out of those guys.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Sweet, as I say I have never analysed T20 to that point. I suppose it all depends on the balance of the side etc.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Allen has the highest powerplay SR of any batsmen in T20/T20I history, or something ridiculous like that. His average isn't amazing but given that NZ usually play the extra bowler and stack the top order with anchors like kane and Conway then Allen is probably worth it. Means that Conway/kane etc can afford to get there eye in/take a few less risks early if Allen comes off.

The Hutt Rec

If he bats the first power play, I’d say he’s been a success. That’s just six overs, but someone who can smash it to all parts for that time while the field is up would be worth a spot in the team, you’d have to think. So strike rate is probably the most important factor for Allen … as long as he’s not constantly getting out first ball.