• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
We also don't use them. Ben Sears seems more injury prone than he is because there's more immediate gratification to picking the classic corridor medium fast bowler, so that's what the provinces do.
Kinda the same point though. We don't use them because the conditions don't necessitate them, so they don't get picked. New Zealanders bowl fast because they want to, Australians bowl fast because they have to.

Flem274*

123/5
We look pretty gettable in this series. This obv won't be the team but the best you could probably field is

Allen
Ravindra/Nicholls (Nicholls the more successful List A bat but Ravindra obv the bowling option)
Young
Chapman
Latham (wk)
Phillips
Mitchell (our longest and joint earliest hitter)
Sodhi
Shipley
Henry
Lister

None of these bowlers actually have much white ball success. Duffy, Randell, Bracewell all holding their dicks waiting for the A series.

Flem274*

123/5
Why did Shanaka stop bowling in ODIs? I've seen him bowl in test cricket and he gets some nice movement. Far too hittable in modern white ball cricket?

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
If SL win by 3/0 they will ends with 107 points & Direct entry as #8 team

Even SA win both game vs NED they still remain #9 so they have to travel to Zimbabway for Qualifiers only if Lanka win 3/0.

I doubt SL can beat nz even 1 game

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ball clipping the stump there distracted from how dreadfully Allen was squared up.

Looks roady, should be a big score.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
If SL win by 3/0 they will ends with 107 points & Direct entry as #8 team

Even SA win both game vs NED they still remain #9 so they have to travel to Zimbabway for Qualifiers only if Lanka win 3/0.

I doubt SL can beat nz even 1 game
Ireland 68 points now if they beat BD on May 9/12 & 14 in eng, they may have tie with SA with 98 points after SA beat NED 100% in 2 ODI on march 31 & April 2nd

I guess SA's Run rate better than NED.