• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Will they even replace Ferguson? He was only going to be in the squad for the 1st ODI with Lister coming in for games 2 & 3. Lister will probably now be in the squad for all 3. Otherwise Duffy perhaps?

vandem

International 12th Man
I wonder if Randall: "Retired Not Out" - is related to this Ferguson news?

Seemed to be 2 batsmen just walking off at the scheduled break.
From the detailed scoreboard: " Central Stags substituted TA Findlay for BG Randell (Concussion) "

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Will they even replace Ferguson? He was only going to be in the squad for the 1st ODI with Lister coming in for games 2 & 3. Lister will probably now be in the squad for all 3. Otherwise Duffy perhaps?
I mean they said they'd announce a replacement tomorrow morning so we'll see

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon it's small sample size. Aussie quicks get injured all the time but there's always another **** waiting in line so you naturally end up finding a few who can last a test match.
Yes they have a higher sample but the likes of Cummins (after an injury prone start), Starc, Johnson, & Lee to name a few managed to stay on the park relatively regularly compared to our 145+ guys such as Bond, Gillespie, Milne, Fergo, and now Sears who all seem to be injured more than being available.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes they have a higher sample but the likes of Cummins (after an injury prone start), Starc, Johnson, & Lee to name a few managed to stay on the park relatively regularly compared to our 145+ guys such as Bond, Gillespie, Milne, Fergo, and now Sears who all seem to be injured more than being available.
Maybe your guys physio/player management system isn't as advanced as ours (Australia's)? It wasn't until Cummins that we really figures out how to manage our Quicks properly, back in the day when Lillee was playing if a quick got injured they would just pick someone else and leave it up to the players to get themselves fit. I remember jarod Kimber always talking about how NZ'S domestic system only professionalized to the point where players could be full time cricketers in the early 2010's. Maybe the physio side if things hasn't caught up yet? (This is all conjecture FYI.

Flem274*

123/5
We also don't use them. Ben Sears seems more injury prone than he is because there's more immediate gratification to picking the classic corridor medium fast bowler, so that's what the provinces do.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cricinfos predicted xi is interesting

New Zealand (probable) XI: 1 Tom Latham (capt), 2 Finn Allen, 3 Chad Bowes, 4 Daryl Mitchell, 5 Glenn Phillips 6 Tom Blundell (wk), 7 Rachin Ravindra/Ish Sodhi, 8 Blair Tickner/Ben Lister, 9 Henry Shipley, 10 Matt Henry, 11 Will Young

First he gets made to open the batting, now will young may open the bowling

That or cricinfo has NFI as usual