• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Whether or not Young is actually test level or not, you can't but feel sympathy for him given he was batted out of position most of his career so far. Gets one test where he doesn't score and is dropped. Meanwhile his rival, so to speak, gets umpteen chances and fails in all of them, and gets retained on what seems to be the easiest batting deck so far this summer. Reckon he'd probably would've tonned up here and gained some confidence at this level. Instead, Nicholls will be persisted with after a "comeback" innings and will average 17 in the next 10 tests after this which will probably take us two years to complete.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon that's been the plan since they picked the squad, a way to justify the terrible selections. Mikey B will suddenly get a bunch of overs at the tail and pick up a cheap 3-fer.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Whether or not Young is actually test level or not, you can't but feel sympathy for him given he was batted out of position most of his career so far. Gets one test where he doesn't score and is dropped. Meanwhile his rival, so to speak, gets umpteen chances and fails in all of them, and gets retained on what seems to be the easiest batting deck so far this summer. Reckon he'd probably would've tonned up here and gained some confidence at this level. Instead, Nicholls will be persisted with after a "comeback" innings and will average 17 in the next 10 tests after this which will probably take us two years to complete.
100% agree.

Someone said Young is this generation's Mathew Sinclair, which probably isn't the right comparison. Sinclair's stubbornness was part of the reason for his failures, as was the fact he didn't fit the side personality wise (not his fault).

Whereas Young's talent has in the majority been poorly managed by management. He's looking fairly likely at this stage to be a wasted talent at international level which is such a massive shame for a guy that can flat out play.

centurymaker

International Captain
Williamson just needs to plunder Australia, England and India and his CV will look super good.

B265743B-C929-4F93-816B-446BAF9EB945.jpeg

One high scoring series against each may be enough.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
H
Kaneh WAG.

Hope everyone at the ground is ready to stand and applaud Henry Nicholls' comeback century :ph34r:.
Hoping his inevitable century is a low one and is drowned out by a big daddy Kane double and 150s from Blundell and Mitchell

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Equal with Kohli, Clarke, and Amla. One behind Root (who I expect to get a couple in the Ashes) and the Don.
Updated:

Number of Big 4 test centuries-

1.Smith- 30
2.Root- 29
3.Williamson & Kohli- 28

... In just a matter of a few weeks Williamson has now caught up to the pack.

Just as well Kohli had finally scored a century in the final test against Australia,his first in over 3 years otherwise he'd now be outright last in the group.. lol