• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Sri Lanka in Netherlands thread

Steulen

International Regular
Actually, yes :).

Still not a smart move, imo. CricInfo is the #1 site for commentary and these matches need the exposure. Cricket Europe just does a scorecard which updates once every few minutes and doesn't list balls faced, minutes at the crease and 4s and 6's until that batsman is out.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
@ cric europe forum :

Rod,

How many people came into the stadium to watch the Netherlands v Srilanka ODI?

Cricinfo says it was just empty stands, but from the pics of the match it looks like some people did show up. And they didnt look Sri Lankan supporters to me :)

Nasir: The less said about the Cricinfo piece the better: the remark about the crowd wasn't the only inaccuracy! The estimate is that the crowd was just under the thousand mark, which is disappointing but not perhaps surprising given that it was a Tuesday and that cricket in The Netherlands has a pretty low profile. Let's hope that Thursday's is bigger!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
What worries me is that CricInfo says the Dutch board refused to allow them to cover the game with live commentary, allegedly the first time a full ODI was not covered ball-by-ball on CricInfo. If this is true, it appears the Dutch administrators are already as dimwitted as their world governing buddies at the ICC...
I think "refused to allow" means "declined to pay Cricinfo money"

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I think...Hakon has a point on this one, I view I have'nt thought of earlier, but could well be yeah.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
not a big fan of cricinfo tbh, more power to the alternatives i say
When you scan around at smaller sites, you suddenly realise that Cricinfo's coverage of everything non-International is pretty shoddy. Writing is pretty good, and I suppose if it's international it's top notch.

But StatsGuru and the player database...

(Do we not have a drool smiley?)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
When you scan around at smaller sites, you suddenly realise that Cricinfo's coverage of everything non-International is pretty shoddy. Writing is pretty good, and I suppose if it's international it's top notch.

But StatsGuru and the player database...

(Do we not have a drool smiley?)
StatsGuru is decent but I always find myself feeling disappionted everytime I use it.

Why Oh Why there is not the option of choosing games not drawn? Why can I not choose multiple teams to excluded from a record? etc.

There is a lot of potential but is not what it could be

Steulen

International Regular
Goughy said:
StatsGuru is decent but I always find myself feeling disappionted everytime I use it.

Why Oh Why there is not the option of choosing games not drawn? Why can I not choose multiple teams to excluded from a record? etc.

There is a lot of potential but is not what it could be
I prefer Howstat myself.

Anyway, i'm going to the match tomorrow...hopefully a good game and no showers.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah me to Superking!
cool Steulen, im planning to go to, but train is not cheap, and to get up at 7.30 to drive with de Leede..no thanks...
i'll sort something out :)

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
First of all a note to mods - I am not using this to advertise of anything -it's just that this forum doesn't have private messaging and this is my only way of contacting Kweek - sorry!

Kweek, I run Caught Behind - a so-called cricket superblog and we are expanding to include a brand NEW blog on cricket outside the test world (something much more effective than CricInfo's beyond the test world blog) - if you possibly have any time to spare to help us with this, I am sure you would be a valuable asset to that blog - let me know your email if you are interested...

Sorry again mods! Cheers :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, the mods will understand, yeah im sure I could help you out, and write stuff for you!
contact me via tazman89 @ gmail dot com

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Steulen said:
I prefer Howstat myself.

Anyway, i'm going to the match tomorrow...hopefully a good game and no showers.
Too many errors in HowStat. CricketArchive is the best.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL 3/198 after 33 overs. Netherlands doing much better in this one . (especially without Smasher Sanath resting from this one .:laugh: )