• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
OTOH, it's typically sentimentalistic, emotional Bollywood-esque statement you'd expect from the Indian team.

Just get in there and score a few runs, Yuvraj - it seems you're doing everything but that. That's what cricket is about, remember, that game you're paid to play based on which you're all over the Hero Honda ads livin' it up in the carribbean? No one's asking you to die for anyone else, give us a f'king break already.

:puke:
Every single one of your 35 posts have been the same.

You may as well just keep quoting and re-posting them.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Stfu. Yuvraj was our best one-day batsman before he got injured. There's nothing wrong with him showing support for someone who backed him during his tough times.
spot on there! Hope tht yuvi finds form in the next match! Even if it is a 50, it would be fine as long as he seems fluent.

Sehwag on the other hand........

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty happy with the overall performances in this series. Arnold and Dilshan back in the runs which could be important if our big three fail. We need Tharanga to score some runs against quality attack, well half decent attacks. The bowling attack didn't do that back really, were solid in both games, but lacked a match winner. I hope Bandara has done enough to warrant a spot as the 2nd spinner in the starting XI.

The thing that came out of this series is that be have some depth in the squad and all 15 players could contribute if required. Pretty impressived with Dilhara bowling outside that last over. Hopefully it wasn't just a one off, i still rather Nuwan K or Bandara.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why does Nuwan Kulasekera get a game?.He's bowls 75-80mph and is extremely unpenetraitive.When ever I've seen him bowl I've never been impressed at all and I wonder why he's in the Sri Lanka WC Squad.On flat pitchess he's going to be so easy to get away for even decent batsmen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why does Nuwan Kulasekera get a game?.He's bowls 75-80mph and is extremely unpenetraitive.When ever I've seen him bowl I've never been impressed at all and I wonder why he's in the Sri Lanka WC Squad.On flat pitchess he's going to be so easy to get away for even decent batsmen.
You shut up about Kulasekera, he'll come good.
(refer to signature. :p)

Seriously, as I just posted in the Sri Lanka WC thread, his accuracy is be admired. I think he'll surprise a few people.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Tendulkar out of the nxt game as Vizag; a shame really, cos he just got a low score and it wud have been good to see him perform well in the nxt match to redeem himself ( or at least go into the WC on the back of a good score)

Raina is a replacement, but i really dont want to see him in action on saturday.....he's not in the WC squad so its pointless for him to play! We dont, at the moment anyway, need to see him get into form or anything like that! I guess Utappa will *** in and sehwag will retain his spot.

The real disappointment is the absense of pathan.....he is not in gd form and nor is he an obvious selection; i think he needed to prove his worth TBH

adharcric

International Coach
Do we get injury replacements for the World Cup? If Pathan is going to be unfit, I hope he takes it a step further and allows us to call in Powar as a replacement.

adharcric

International Coach
Nishant said:
Raina is a replacement, but i really dont want to see him in action on saturday.....he's not in the WC squad so its pointless for him to play! We dont, at the moment anyway, need to see him get into form or anything like that! I guess Utappa will *** in and sehwag will retain his spot.
Definitely don't want to take a chance with Raina and see him make a big one after being left out. Uthappa will return as the opener and Sehwag will head to the middle-order.

Uthappa, Ganguly, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dravid, Dhoni, Karthik, Kumble, Zaheer/Bhajji, Sreesanth, Munaf

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that team seems logical.

So ATM the injury concerns are:
Irfan (back?)
Sachin (sore back, precautionary)
AA (still getting over the flu)

is that correct?

JustTool

State 12th Man
HUBRIS - downfall of Sehwag and Pathan

HUBRIS - downfall of Sehwag and Pathan

After India lost the Bangalore Test to Pakistan in March 2005, Virender Sehwag wrote in his column: "...I knew that my dismissal meant that we would not win. I saw myself as the only batsman who could score at four-plus an over since the rest of our batsmen are more correct and conventional Test cricketers. In my mind I felt that the rest would be able to draw the game but I was the only one capable of winning it...''

Till he gave vent to his superior attitude in public by making the above statement, he had scored six hundreds and 16 fifties in 104 ODI innings. After that, he has scored just one hundred and eight fifties in 57 innings.

And Pathan had remarked of some former cricketers' criticsim - with supreme arrogance: "They should look at what they have done before they comment on me"

What team players ! No respect for th eteammates or erstwhile colleagues.

adharcric

International Coach
Sehwag speaks the truth. Was there anyone else in the Indian side who could play their natural game and score at four an over back then? No.

By the way, I'd like to congratule you on the first meaningful post in your past year at CW. Well done.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Sehwag speaks the truth. Was there anyone else in the Indian side who could play their natural game and score at four an over back then? No.

By the way, I'd like to congratule you on the first meaningful post in your past year at CW. Well done.
You missed the point. So now, all his teammates should say that only they can score ANY runs and he CANNOT. Because he has scored ONLY one hundred and eight fifties in 57 innings.

Oh, are you saying that the genius Tendulkar is not capable of outscoring Sehwag? :blink:

Well, for sure Dhoni can match Sehwag and he is ALSO capable of playing a slow innings. That's maturity and playing for the team.

One thing common to Sehwag and Tendlkar these days is both totally lack footwork and look for 'need more time' excuses. Tendulkar is a bad-pony and is inusred more often than not. Or we infd out hs is playing hurt in the interest of the country -or make that the interest of more endorsement money.

And we haven't even talked about the biggest PROBLEM and the root cause of this whole mess: Greg Chappell. :wacko:

adharcric

International Coach
JustTool said:
You missed the point. So now, all his teammates should say that only they can score ANY runs and he CANNOT. Because he has scored ONLY one hundred and eight fifties in 57 innings.
As much as it might have seemed like it, I wasn't defending Sehwag. In fact, his statement is rather pathetic in a team context. Nevertheless, he spoke the truth.
JustTool said:
Oh, are you saying that the genius Tendulkar is not capable of outscoring Sehwag? :blink:
Learn to read. Tendulkar does not score at Sehwag's rate.
JustTool said:
Well, for sure Dhoni can match Sehwag and he is ALSO capable of playing a slow innings. That's maturity and playing for the team.
Dhoni wasn't in the team back then and the only thing that is relevant here is how quickly the various batsmen can score.
JustTool said:
One thing common to Sehwag and Tendlkar these days is both totally lack footwork and look for 'need more time' excuses. Tendulkar is a bad-pony and is inusred more often than not. Or we infd out hs is playing hurt in the interest of the country -or make that the interest of more endorsement money.

And we haven't even talked about the biggest PROBLEM and the root cause of this whole mess: Greg Chappell. :wacko:
You've officially reverted to 'Tool' mode. Good job.

Last edited: