• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
It's a Day 4/5 deck, you expect things like this to happen.
well, to an extent. And there have been too many bland pitches in Australian Test cricket in recent years. But that shooter that Watson bowled to KS was the sort of delivery that the WACA pitch became notorious for. And unlike the WACA had the excuse of at times, it's not like the weather has been boiling hot there.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
the biggest problem with this type of pitch imo is that it places too much significance on the toss.

fwiw I thought last year's Hobart pitch was pretty good. Was consistently seaming throughout so all pace bowlers had a chance but if you had the right attitude as Warner did you could prosper. Only downside was that it negated any real need for a spinner (Vettori getting injured probably was decisive in the end).

Spark

Global Moderator
I think if there had been more movement on Day 1, then that would've been OK but yeah, I agree.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a pretty sad day when Mitchell Johnson starts looking like our best option. Honestly, he'll probably get the call up and he probably should based on how dire our injury situation is.

Harris
Pattinson
Cummins
Hilfenhaus

:-(

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Could we not just simply all these rules into "No Johnson in the team"?
simplifying is the way to go coz he's the common one.

"no hilfy, siddle & johnson rule"
"no siddle & johnson rule"
"no starc & johnson rule"

:laugh:

"no australia & johnson rule"

he's not even as quick as he used to be. he's not got much left to offer