• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

aussie tragic

International Captain
Who exactly did the rotation system leave out of this match anyway?

Mussey's not playing because of the whole moving on thing or possibly because **** him, whatever it is it's not rotation. Watson got injured during the Tests and hasn't played since. This was, on paper, a much better batting side than the one that won the first ODI.
Re-post just to suggest that it may not only be about who they rested this match ;)

So Australia has selected 18 players in the 3 ODI's so far....when was the last time (if ever) has that happened?

Who else thinks this team instability must be having an impact?

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Coverdale is right. The criticism has been manic. Take the 1st odi side. Really all the noise was over the omission of Warner, Clarke and Hussey. Clarke was injured. It was time to move Hussey on especially after he left his "surprise" in a paperbag outside the selector's door. Even Chappelli indirectly agreed with the move to sack him in the Tele even though he bagged it in other fora. Twit. So it all centred on the resting of Warner. You might reasonably disagree but the selectors had good reasons to rest him as Coverdale outlines.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah that loss doesn't matter really. that was a good article, warner must have played near on 100 days of cricket for the year, coupled with travel and training it's a lot. should have scored more runs though

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While Hilditch was lambasted for not saying enough, and according to the likes of Simon Katich and Chris Rogers, for not keeping them in the loop or even returning calls, Inverarity is being castigated at times as a result of saying too much. If there has been public confusion, not everyone in the inner sanctum has been on the same page either. One example was at a press conference in Sydney in October when he nominated Nathan Lyon and Victoria's Jon Holland as the standout spin bowlers in the minds of selectors. At least one influential member of the panel still favoured left-armer Michael Beer, who had played on the previous Test tour of the West Indies, and was taken aback at the statement.
we know who you are!

Intelligent Inverarity needs smarter approach to win over public

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
It's amusing to think that Allan Border medal votes will still be given out for that game. Let's face it, none of the top 7 deserve points which leaves perhaps Starc for 3, Johnson for 2, and Doherty (for a well made 15) for 1 point.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was the most disgusting display of Australian batting I've seen on our shores since the Adelaide Ashes test. Absolutely abysmal.

The conditions today in Brisbane were as good as they could ever be for batting. It was warm with low humidity, there was a slight breeze but it wasn't a gale and the sky didn't have a cloud in it. Kula's bowling was good, but he's not exactly an express quick ripping them in there at 150+. International batsmen should have been able to see him off (heck, even just playing him well enough to bowl out 7 overs before getting changed would have been a huge boon). Utter, unAustralian disgrace.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing Australia struggle against Kulshekhara today, the first thought that came to my mind was what would have happened to them if they had to play Imran at the height of his prowess.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing Australia struggle against Kulshekhara today, the first thought that came to my mind was what would have happened to them if they had to play Imran at the height of his prowess.
Pakistan would probably have made 60, but still collected a tidy bonus.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wouldn"t blame rotation for this lost but I am certainly not a fan of how our selectors have implemented this rotation thing.I remember seeing Hastings, Johnson and Starc line up in that last test and I was like:-O and then like:@ and I just ended up:laugh:.I"m not against rotating the young quicks like Cummins, but don"t tell me its one game in and the next game out basis.Selectors need to be stable with their odi team also.We need to be able to see our best team on the park far often than we have.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
So Australia has selected 18 players in the 3 ODI's so far....when was the last time (if ever) has that happened?

Who else thinks this team instability must be having an impact?
Some players usually take more than one game to "find their feet".Bowlers need to keep bowling to get in a groove and to keep it.Consistently resting a fast bowler after one game should affect his performance.18 players in only 3 odi"s must be some sort of record or close to it.

the big bambino

International Captain
Alot of attention placed on rotation when the persistent failure, stretching back years, has been our inability to play the swinging ball. In that respect our cricket resembles our rugby in that technical faults remain uncorrected. The number of times we've been bowled out for under or just over 100 in the last 3 or 4 years suggests a problem in batting technique and it makes you wonder if Arthur has noticed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely disgracful going to the game last night. So glad I didn't have to pay for tickets, otherwise I'd be really angry, instead I was able to laugh.