• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

smash84

The Tiger King
I dunno, the toss is obviously always a big factor in the SC, but Pakistan have lost this because of their poor 1st innings. The pitch was still fine to bat on and they folded.

You could say scoreboard pressure, but meh they should've done a lot better.
This

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon these two will stick around till 200 or so, then Pakistan will lose bravely by 40 or so runs.

Niall

International Coach
First series after Misbah-Younis was always gonna be tough.

Credit to Sri Lanka, they've played brilliantly. They were within a whisker of winning last time as well, had it not been for some defensive cricket on the last day.
Its also easy for many and yep I include myself in this to forget how useful Hafeez was in these conditions, absolutely loved batting in Asia. even in decline he offers so much more to Pakistan than this awful Masood player. However knowing Pakistan he won't be picked until they travel overseas.:laugh:

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Huge chance for Pakistan here. SL look a tad discouraged right now. New ball tomorrow could be crucial.

Last edited:

vcs

Very interestingly poised. 60-40 in SL's favour perhaps. Pakistan have done brilliantly to pull it back.

vcs

If Pakistan do win it, it will be something of a miracle result for them. They had only 3 front-line bowlers in the 2nd innings, and 220 is a massive first innings to concede.

Just shows how hard they are to beat in these conditions.

smash84

The Tiger King
nah, pak will get within 80 runs of the target and then collapse to a 40 run defeat.

Admittedly they have done well. Last i checked it was 70/5

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Betting sites still have SL as a slight favorite, and I agree with them. This break was much needed for SL. Essentially they'll have 2 batsmen starting again tomorrow, and then after 8 overs they'll have a new ball to have another go. If that fails then Pakistan will be favorites but SL will still not be out of the game because one wicket can trigger a collapsing tail against a 5th day Herath.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
If Pakistan can put on 146 runs partnership today, why can't they stay together for another 100+ run partnership tomorrow ?
Hopefully, their coach/advisor will tell them to just stay together and the runs will come in dribs and drabs.

Having said that, the first hour tomorrow will be crucial.

Niall

International Coach
If Pakistan can put on 146 runs partnership today, why can't they stay together for another 100+ run partnership tomorrow ?
Hopefully, their coach/advisor will tell them to just stay together and the runs will come in dribs and drabs.

Having said that, the first hour tomorrow will be crucial.
Its a weak lower order, Amir can bat, but really isn't great when you look at the other number 8s in test cricket, Yasir and Riaz are not awful, but should concern Lanka.

Think I'd have Lanka strong favs here, this really feels set up for a glorious Asad Shafiq beast knock in a losing cause.

smash84

The Tiger King
Its a weak lower order, Amir can bat, but really isn't great when you look at the other number 8s in test cricket, Yasir and Riaz are not awful, but should concern Lanka.

Think I'd have Lanka strong favs here, this really feels set up for a glorious Asad Shafiq beast knock in a losing cause.
:laugh:

so true. You can just feel it

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Which is why the 2 batsmen should recognize the dangers of a collapse once one of them depart, and try and take them home without loss.
Continue to bat in the same manner as before

As for the rest, if they have to come in to bat, the advice s/b :
- Don't get run out
- Don't hook
- Don't sweep anything on the wicket
- Don't chase anything too wide

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I was somewhat surprised to see Gamage selected, never looked like anything special either watching live or on statistics, but he has bowled fairly well throughout this test.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Went to bed with Pakistan five down for 50. Didn't expect when the baby woke me up to see the game still continuing let alone Pakistan only 100 or so runs away from the win. Herath averages 15 in the 4th innings over the past five years with a wicket every 30 odd balls, so for him to still be wicket less is some achievement. Though new ball did enough yesterday for both the quicks and the spinners, so Sri Lanka need to get through those seven overs without conceding too many.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Will the threat of heraths bowling on the 5th be lessened if he will be using the new ball for the majority of it