• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just incredible the amount of hate speeches going on in this thread.....people want to murder Pak cricket all together....just goes on to show what you really feel about Pakistan and its people..pure hate and nothing else...
No. These sort of completely unfounded statements do nothing at all for the conversation and are completely inappropriate. Consider this a warning.

andyc

So i don't have the right to express my feelings about some posts being made here? Is that so?
You're more than welcome to express your feelings, but you're definitely not welcome to claim that everyone posting in this thread hates Pakistan and the Pakistani people, especially when it's clear that that is miles away from the truth. Saying that the Pakistani cricket team is a mess and drastic action needs to be taken in no way equates to saying that we hate Pakistan.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
You're more than welcome to express your feelings, but you're definitely not welcome to claim that everyone posting in this thread hates Pakistan and the Pakistani people. Saying that the Pakistani cricket team is a mess and drastic action needs to be taken in no way equates to saying that we hate Pakistan.
No. I didn't say everyone hates Pakistan. Please read my post again...and i will leave it at this...

Last edited:

andyc

No. I didn't say everyone. Please read my post again...and i will leave it at this...
It doesn't matter whether you were talking about one person or fifty, though. No one in this thread has said anything about the nation of Pakistan and the Pakistani people that was written out of hatred towards them. If anything, the overwhelming feeling has been one of sympathy for the fans that have been disappointed yet again by their team. Please think again before making such inflammatory statements.

But yes, this is sidetracking the thread so it is a good idea to leave it. If you've any more issues please feel free to take it up on my wall.

Faisal1985

By the way, how can someone prove when this video was made which is showing the fixer counting cash and predicting no balls?

I just hope that these allegations are found false and NOTW is brought to justice if thats the case.

Also heard Younis Khan has sent a legal notice to the NOTW for them accusing him of fixing as well i think..

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
My guess is NOTW had spoken with authorities before the match. They don't seem like amateurs and another article i recently saw about the journalist who went undercover was claiming he was responsible for catching 200+ people in england from paedophiles to cheats. Add in the fact they apparantly found bags of cash in the players hotel rooms that they will be trying to link back to the money handed over to the bookmaker and it looks bad. Also butt didn't really do any denying in his after match interview. Won't know all the evidence until the investigation is done though.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the way, how can someone prove when this video was made which is showing the fixer counting cash and predicting no balls?

I just hope that these allegations are found false and NOTW is brought to justice if thats the case.

Also heard Younis Khan has sent a legal notice to the NOTW for them accusing him of fixing as well i think..
Sounding desperate itbt.

I can't believe I'm hearing sympathy for any of these players. Amir is 18. When I was 18 I knew spot fixing was wrong. He's not 4. At the very least he's an incredibly spineless cheat, at the worst he's a filthy match fixing cheat.

Athlai

Not Terrible

All videos have time stamps imprinted into the footage these days that can be picked up in analysis.

Conversely these can be faked but still that would be getting into shakey territory.

andyc

Think pskov summed up this train of thought best here.

Occam's Razor - entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity i.e. the simpler explanation is probably right

1. The NOTW finds a suspected match-fixer, gains his trust with piles of cash and secretly films him watching the test telling them that he knows the next delivery will be a no-ball, which it is. They then hand this over to the police who arrest the suspected match-fixer.

2. The NOTW convinces a well known hanger on to the Pakistani team to pretend to be a match-fixer, they get him in a room with lots of cash and playback a video of the test and get him to say the next ball will be a no-ball, which they know because it has already happened. They then forge the timestamp on the video and hand it to the police who then arrest the guy the paper convinced to pretend to be a match-fixer. Let's hope he doesn't say anything about agreeing to fabricate this so we don't get sued for millions of pounds!
Yes, it is somewhat possible that NOTW staged the whole thing, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

Fusion

Global Moderator

It would be the height of stupidity for that agent to agree to "stage" that video after the match was over. Why would he do that? He knows that he'd be arrested by the police and then later sued by the Pakistani players. That argument has zero logic. In addition, there will be plenty of other evidence that will surely come into play. For example, any cash found on the player's person can probably be traced back to the cash that NOTW gave to the agent. Cell phone records. There are rumors that the agent taped his calls with the players. Those will probably come out. "Hoping" that these allegations are false will not get you anywhere. As Pakistani fans, we need to accept that they cheated and figure out ways to save Pakistan cricket for the future.

Faisal1985

All videos have time stamps imprinted into the footage these days that can be picked up in analysis.

Conversely these can be faked but still that would be getting into shakey territory.
You can always change the time in the camera that's no rocket science.

If not that then is there any indication that NOTW actually showed the video to the police before the test began or before the no balls were bowled? I don't think so.

Plus the picture is ****ty job of photo shop that anyone can make.. you only have to zoom in on it and you will see the fine tuning done between Butt's left arm and his right arm. You will even see the pattern on the reporters coat sort of coming on to Butt's coat. The left arm of Butt is straight as a line....

outbreak

First Class Debutant
was that picture claimed to be real? the first time i saw it in an article just had a comment saying who they were not claiming it was taken with all 3 together. Regardless noone is even claiming that butt doesn't know the bookie. It is accepted he is their manager. I believe this is called grasping at straws now....

Last edited:

Faisal1985

It would be the height of stupidity for that agent to agree to "stage" that video after the match was over. Why would he do that? He knows that he'd be arrested by the police and then later sued by the Pakistani players. That argument has zero logic. In addition, there will be plenty of other evidence that will surely come into play. For example, any cash found on the player's person can probably be traced back to the cash that NOTW gave to the agent. Cell phone records. There are rumors that the agent taped his calls with the players. Those will probably come out. "Hoping" that these allegations are false will not get you anywhere. As Pakistani fans, we need to accept that they cheated and figure out ways to save Pakistan cricket for the future.
It is very well possible that this man was close to Pakistani players and did all this for money. How can you rule that out?? In essence his crime is small that is why he is being released on bail...he probably knew that....

The evidence when it comes in front with all those taped calls or what not then talk to me...not now...at this point...nothing is proven and if nothing comes forward in the questions that i am raising then in my books this was a cheap move on the English media's part.

Well you can accept it but i can't until i have answers to my questions....if they are found guilty beyond a doubt by all means punishment must be rendered.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Faisal1985, you're setting yourself up for an even bigger heart break.

As Fusion said, better off accepting they're cheats, dish out a proportionate sanction which is set in stone, sending no mixed messages.

With these cheats out of the game, you can then start the long long road to rebuilding the credibility of Pakistan cricket.