• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So is it still 4 days left from Saturday, its unclear here:

My understanding of the cricinfo article is that a decision has yet to be made. Apparently the Proteas have told the ECB that they will stay an extra day if necessary and go along with whatever is decided.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Isn't the best tribute to the queen is that show goes on.

I don't know the logistics involved that can cause issues with the holding of the game in this situation but surely a monarch death by natural causes at an age of 96 should not mean such drastic changes from the normal schedule.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't the best tribute to the queen is that show goes on.

I don't know the logistics involved that can cause issues with the holding of the game in this situation but surely a monarch death by natural causes at an age of 96 should not mean such drastic changes from the normal schedule.
You’re vastly overestimating the sanity of the English.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Khaya Zondo hasn't had much luck with tests. His debut was as a COVID replacement against Bangladesh where he came in during their second innings and was only required to field. Now there's a real chance that this test could get called off and he may never get another opportunity.

Bahseph

State Captain
Khaya Zondo hasn't had much luck with tests. His debut was as a COVID replacement against Bangladesh where he came in during their second innings and was only required to field. Now there's a real chance that this test could get called off and he may never get another opportunity.
Was just thinking this. Poor chap needs a crack!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They should be celebrating her life. This is dumb and an inconvenience to many.
It wass bound to happen, and it's not right IMHO. There's going to be an huge expense to many, in really straitened times, and a really bad effect of a constant mourning with little respite on those of us that suffer from mental health problems, and need that distraction.

The weird thing is the ones that will want everyone to uniformly mourn and try to disgrace those that don't will be mainly the ones that blather about virtue-signalling and cancel culture. ho-hum

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was selfishly glad the EFL got called off because if just tonight got canned I’d have been livid. But I agree with grecian really. I was looking forwards to tonight. If I lost a parent or grandparent this week I’d have almost certainly gone the game for the lift it would have given me (well, until kick off).

The show must go on etc

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
It isn’t just the show going on, this is going to inconvenience a lot of people whose livelihood depends on sport day to day, normal people who planned to show up for these events by saving and planning months in advance and whatnot. To top it all off there is only a break for the entertainment industry and fun but the rest of the folk are given no time off from their work. Go to work, mourn there, come back home and mourn again ya plebs

Heboric

International Debutant
Last edited: