• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That'll be it then.

Been a minorly weird series, really.

Both sides have played some decent cricket and seem fairly well matched on paper (decent to good bowling, mediocre to ploppy batting, with RSA better in the former and England probably shading the latter) but both tests have been complete paddlings.

Spark

Global Moderator
That'll be it then.

Been a minorly weird series, really.

Both sides have played some decent cricket and seem fairly well matched on paper (decent to good bowling, mediocre to ploppy batting, with RSA better in the former and England probably shading the latter) but both tests have been complete paddlings.
This often happens with talented but badly flawed teams; they don't have the substance to really put up a fight once the momentum goes against them in the game. So the first really serious blow is usually the decisive one.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Surely that means Mulder's playing in the next test? With Rickelton and Zondo in the squad they've already got enough cover for Rassie, so there isn't a pressing need to bring in another player.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That game might be the first time I’ve seen a selection that left a team looking woefully short of both batting and bowling.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
What I liked most about the win is that England played test cricket. A proper team performance. I also like the way Stokes encourages the players to express themselves.

South Africa got a few things wrong. They are better than this match