• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

Bahseph

State Captain
It's got to be Sen but Prenelan is the best ROS in the country now with no Harmer or Piedt.
I genuinely rate him as a LO spinner. Actually as a LO cricketer in general because he can hit out and he is good in the field. Good arm. Just worry about the scrutiny his action will garner.

Bahseph

State Captain
The Dolphins team is looking a little light on proper batsman imo. Hopefully the batting order they are showing on TV isn't what they are going with in reality. How good of a batsman is de Swardt? And hopefully Miller is in early. He can dominate at this level.

SeamUp

International Coach
The Dolphins team is looking a little light on proper batsman imo. Hopefully the batting order they are showing on TV isn't what they are going with in reality. How good of a batsman is de Swardt? And hopefully Miller is in early. He can dominate at this level.
Ruan is a batting all-rounder so it is interesting he is in at 3.

Dave's first game since March 2020 unbelievably.

Abbott looked massively rusty but Galiem has bowled nicely.

Bahseph

State Captain
When you look at these stats it's quite obvious why Smuts is always around the LO teams. As village as his batting and bowling technique can look at times.

Phelukwayo has always been such an interesting cricketer for me. It's amazing how he can find a way to contribute when he doesn't actually look like a box office attraction when you actually see him play.

And judging by this table Frylinck needs to be our number 7 in LO games until he calls it a day ?

SeamUp

International Coach
When you look at these stats it's quite obvious why Smuts is always around the LO teams. As village as his batting and bowling technique can look at times.

Phelukwayo has always been such an interesting cricketer for me. It's amazing how he can find a way to contribute when he doesn't actually look like a box office attraction when you actually see him play.

And judging by this table Frylinck needs to be our number 7 in LO games until he calls it a day ?
Agreed re JJ - I think him or Linde should have got the 15th WC spot but I think realistically now he will be a stop gap but he is definitely always been a strong domestic performer in domestic cricket. Muthusamy is like the FC version.

Reckon Bryce Parsons with his talent should be better than both.

SeamUp

International Coach
Big innings for Andile. Time to build an innings.
Do nicely so far. Showing adaptability.

Wicket looks under-prepared and how many games are being played ?

Pool B games moved a week earlier. 22-30 Jan as well.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I know he hasn't played that many matches and most wouldn't have been at franchise level, but De Swardt's career batting stats look amazing. Obviously, it's unrealistic to expect him to maintain those figures, but it still suggests that he's got the potential to be one hell of an allrounder.

Despite the plethora of allrounders South Africa's produced over the years, we've had a bit of a dry spell of late, but we're starting to see a bunch of candidates emerge. Mulder and Linde are the ones to make the step up so far, and it'll be interesting to see who else can do that.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
I know he hasn't played that many matches and most wouldn't have been at franchise level, but De Swardt's career batting stats look amazing. Obviously, it's unrealistic to expect him to maintain those figures, but it still suggests that he's got the potential to be one hell of an allrounder.

Despite the plethora of allrounders South Africa's produced over the years, we've had a bit of a dry spell of late, but we're starting to see a bunch of candidates emerge. Mulder and Linde are the ones to make the step up so far, and it'll be interesting to see who else can do that.

Once upon a time I thought Galiem might step up and become that All-rounder. Right now I'm not sure what his core suit is.

Bahseph

State Captain
I think the Dolphins are going to be big contenders if the pitches continue in a similar trend. So similar to Kingsmead. Really brings the slower balls of the medium pacers and the spin into the game. Well done to Muthusamy and Phelukwayo.

It was also nice to see Abbot back. He looked a little rusty at times but him being in the tournament lifts the standard.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Once upon a time I thought Galiem might step up and become that All-rounder. Right now I'm not sure what his core suit is.
It's a little weird because it looks like in first-class it's batting, but in limited overs it's bowling. I also thought the same thing about him, but he hasn't quite managed to replicate what he showed at age group level in senior cricket.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Roelofsen seems a relatively uncomplicated, unfussed player. He really does look pretty good.
He's one of the players I wanted to see this season. If he keeps this up, he'll jump the que on a few other players. Getting him to open is turning in to a master stroke.

Bahseph

State Captain
Not a good look. Looks like they need a few days of zero rain to get it up to standard. Dolphins all but through now.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Is Malcolm Nofal involved in any capacity with the franchises at all? Very good player and went quite well in New Zealand. Surprised to see he's not involved with any franchise cricket now that he's moved back to South Africa.