• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

SeamUp

International Coach
No good from Cobras. Nice from Rickelton. Who would replace Prince?
Not sure but I don't think results & lack of player development can continue as is.

Wouldn't mind Eric Simons back involved in this level of cricket where it matters.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just heard that the 2 teams awarded into Div 1 from next season won't be relegated until after 2 seasons at least. So no promotion either.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rickelton carriers his bat for a great 100. Will be nice to see him in Pakistan.
Dynamic cricketer. Packs a punch with the bat and is a decent fielder and keeper.

Would love to see more of them in our T20/50-over set-up.

SeamUp

International Coach
Best new ball attack we have seen so far.

Obviously there are valid reasons with all the Proteas away and injuries.

SeamUp

International Coach
Delano time.

An under the radar cricketer I'm interested in watching. I don't know what it is but when I see him bat I'm thinking Marcus Trescothick.

SeamUp

International Coach
Shocking batting performance by the Warriors but most importantly poor selections and batting order.

Hoe bad is Marco Marais these days ?

Certainly in the Western Cape and Eastern Cape player progression has been massively disappointing.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Batting has fallen apart in the provinces it seems. All the bright prospects have just fallen off a cliff. Truly sad to see.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rumours

Heard Jason Smith is lazy. Doesn't push himself to be better. That gap between bat and pad the other could have been big enough to fit a car through.

Delano Potgieter showed what his type of cricketer should be doing yesterday. Great little innings under pressure but still positive but I think it is also time to not think of Smith as an all-rounder as his bowling is nothing more that inconsistent medium pace whilst Potgieter bowls a similar pace he has skill (nipped off the seam) that dismissed both Hamza and Qeshile and you add smarts, accuracy and consistency to that.

SeamUp

International Coach
Juggling MODC and Test cricket on the DSTV App at work

Smuts tamely chips Onke Nyaku to point.

Could be a winner takes all match with the weather around.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Juggling MODC and Test cricket on the DSTV App at work

Smuts tamely chips Onke Nyaku to point.

Could be a winner takes all match with the weather around.
You managed to not only call the rain locally but also break the feed from Pakistan...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Watching Qeshile bat here I just think that if we are forced to pick a black batsmen, it should be him. Compact defence. Plays very simply. And his timing is excellent. Almost to good sometimes because he times it in the air and fails to keep it down.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice from Qeshile... good to see I did not jinx him. That competitive inbetween total. See how the Cobras bat now?

SeamUp

International Coach
Watching Qeshile bat here I just think that if we are forced to pick a black batsmen, it should be him. Compact defence. Plays very simply. And his timing is excellent. Almost to good sometimes because he times it in the air and fails to keep it down.
By far the most talented black batsman in SA.

Glad to see Breetzke back and setting it up too. Looked class but does he get bored or something ?

Both these coaches have made obvious changes from the first game it makes you wonder what they were thinking in the selection for the first.