• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks like the whole MODC will be played in a bio-secure environment in Potch.

The 6 franchises are divided knto 2 pools.

Pool A consisting of the Dolphins, Titans and Knights will play each other between the 9th - 16th January.

While Pool B consistsing of the Lions, Cobras and Warriors will get their campaign underway from the 29th Jan - 05 Feb. #MODC

The table toppers of each group will go head-to-head in the semi-finals on 11th Feb and 12th Feb, with the final on the 14th Feb. #MODC

SeamUp

International Coach
I like that Faf is letting his views be known. It could mean so much to a youngster's career to have the backing of a vet.
Love to see that this sort of communication is still happening. Senior players still playing & contributing to the system is something we've lost quite a bit of recently.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is anything happening domestically between the times pool A and B play? Or is it just pitch recovery and bio-security bubble time?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I also assume that the international squad will already be in Pakistan, so should see lots of youngsters?

SeamUp

International Coach
Is anything happening domestically between the times pool A and B play? Or is it just pitch recovery and bio-security bubble time?
Pretty sure it is Pitch recovery but you got to wonder why they can't use two different bio-secure bubbles ?

It does look to be the case. Not that there is a lot of talent in the semi-pro scene at the moment but maybe 1 or 2 players will make the squads because of Covid & covering bases.

CSA Cubs Week starts in Stellenbosch on 10 January. I wonder if the tournament that Ray Jennings brought in will continue in 2022 with no more franchise cricket.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Squads have to be picked by today/tomorrow for Momentum One-Day Cup.

17 year-old Andile Simelane is in the Dolphins squad. All-rounder. Bowls faaaast and bats 4 for Dolphins Cubs.
Any video footage of him? I'm always interested in young players.

SeamUp

International Coach
No Klaasen for Titans. Covid ? Because no ways he is in the extended Proteas squad.

Knights also missing Vandiar & M.Kleinvedlt so digging into semi-pro with Botha, Whitehead, Moletsane, Mohale, van Heerden,

SeamUp

International Coach
DOLPHINS

1. Grant Roelofsen
2. Marques Ackerman
3. Ruan de Swardt
4. Dave Miller
5. Khaya Zondo
6. Andile Phehlukwayo
7. Robbie Frylinck
8. Sen Muthusamy
9. Prenelan Subrayen
10. Kerwin Mungroo
11. Ottneil Baartman

12. Eathan Bosch
13. Keith Dudgeon
14. Andile Simelane
15. Lifa Ntanzi
16. Mangi Mosehle

The Kolpak they tried to get was Wayne Parnell and couldnt get Tahir either.

Sarel, Keegan, Kesh and Daryn going to Pakistan and supposedly another from the starters above.

Bahseph

State Captain
DOLPHINS

1. Grant Roelofsen
2. Marques Ackerman
3. Ruan de Swardt
4. Dave Miller
5. Khaya Zondo
6. Andile Phehlukwayo
7. Robbie Frylinck
8. Sen Muthusamy
9. Prenelan Subrayen
10. Kerwin Mungroo
11. Ottneil Baartman

12. Eathan Bosch
13. Keith Dudgeon
14. Andile Simelane
15. Lifa Ntanzi
16. Mangi Mosehle

The Kolpak they tried to get was Wayne Parnell and couldnt get Tahir either.

Sarel, Keegan, Kesh and Daryn going to Pakistan and supposedly another from the starters above.
I don't dislike this squad. Gotta be Sen who is going though. I don't think they will go too left field and pick Andile.

Edit : Wait, how left field is Subrayen? The dodgy action will probably count against him but he is an offie and Kesh,Linde and Sen are SLA.

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't dislike this squad. Gotta be Sen who is going though. I don't think they will go too left field and pick Andile.

Edit : Wait, how left field is Subrayen? The dodgy action will probably count against him but he is an offie and Kesh,Linde and Sen are SLA.
It's got to be Sen but Prenelan is the best ROS in the country now with no Harmer or Piedt.