• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

SeamUp

International Coach
Cobras beat the Warriors comfortably on D/L method to get to the SFs.

Warriors were quite poor all round today.

Nandre Burger was back to what I saw a few years ago. Fast , menacing and getting through the crease so strongly and bowling over 140. Smashed Breetzke's finger which forced his retirement.

But I expected Warriors bowling to be better than it was and the Malan's dominated really. Maybe they didn't have anyone hitting the deck as hard as Burger and Abrahams were because there were some balls rising and the pitch was slow.

So Semi-Finals on Monday and Tuesday

Dolphins v Cobras
Lions v Knights

Last edited:

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Kolpaks might not have weakened the test team as such but losing all those players has cost domestic cricket few years of experience.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dolphins putting the squeeze on the Cobras here.

Last brothers to compete against each other on the domestic circuit before the Bosch's ?

Morkel's wouldn't have. Must check on the Pollock's and Kirsten's.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Dolphins putting the squeeze on the Cobras here.

Last brothers to compete against each other on the domestic circuit before the Bosch's ?

Morkel's wouldn't have. Must check on the Pollock's and Kirsten's.
Hashim and Ahmed Amla perhaps?

SeamUp

International Coach
Hashim and Ahmed Amla perhaps?
Like the above 2 another possibility with the small window because Hashim hardly played for the Cobras.

Think the same could be for the Malan's. If Pieter was in the Cobras team before Janneman played a couple of games for the Lions before moving to Cape Town. Small chance.

SeamUp

International Coach
Robbie saying I don't want to drive 45mins to training from Durbz to PMB every morning.

Gem of a knock.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And Sen's contribution massive too. Coming into his own now. Dolphins game from 50-odd for 5.
Fantastic performance from Dolphins after so much pressure following early wickets.

But the inability of SA batsmen to play spin is unbelievable... a bit of half-quality spin, on slower spinning track and nobody has a clue. And I can't understand that because its nothing they should not have seen before.

de Zorzi looked decent again, but Hamza looks so at sea you would think that this is the first time he has held a bat in professional cricket!

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Can anyone tell me Kerwin Mungroo, seems to be the 3rd African native in the team but he looks Indian, for dolphins I see Zondo and the keeper and whenever Mungroo is in I only see 2 others. I know Tony d must be African even though name surname and appearance looks mixed...

Rasimione

U19 Captain
M
Can anyone tell me Kerwin Mungroo, seems to be the 3rd African native in the team but he looks Indian, for dolphins I see Zondo and the keeper and whenever Mungroo is in I only see 2 others. I know Tony d must be African even though name surname and appearance looks mixed...
Mungroo is Indian. I could be wrong but De Zorzi is coloured?

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
M

Mungroo is Indian. I could be wrong but De Zorzi is coloured?
When you look at the teams they only have 2 African players without picking those two as them though so they must be classified as black African than?... Iv noticed that every time those two are in their team's.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't see many high scoring games in this T20 competition. Spin will play a huge part. Also really good to see the Proteas involved.

The Dolphins will have a good shout with this being their home and their reliance on spin. Not convinced with Muthusamy at 3 in this format,but it was just one game.

Could we see Morris in the reckoning for the T20 WC? He slipped my mind but he is still a top class T20 cricketer.

Watching Lions vs Warriors. Rabada just looks a class above so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Marais hitting that one out of the ground really ruined the fun of Maharaj being attacked/slogged almost every ball but still somehow having 0/2 off 1.4 overs.

Bahseph

State Captain
Shamsi is still the best LO option at the moment because his style of bowling can be effective on any track,but if an LO track takes some spin then man can Keshav be effective.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Structure announced now

CSA confirms new domestic structure
Knights vs LionsKnights vs Lions
Published on March 8, 2021

Cricket South Africa has announced its new domestic system, which will feature two tiers consisting of eight and seven teams, respectively.

The principle of the system is based on the David Richardson report, which CSA agreed to at the start of the year.
The new structure will accommodate 15 first-class teams, instead of the known six-team franchise system. The teams will be split into two divisions with eight teams in Division 1 and seven teams in Division 2 in a promotion-relegation format.
Division 1 will group Boland, Eastern Province, Free State, Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal Coastal, North-West, Northerns, Western Province together, while the South Western Districts, Easterns, Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland, Border, Limpopo, Northern Cape, Mpumalanga will make up Division 2.
A task team was appointed early in 2020 to address the idea of expanding the domestic game in South Africa. Richardson led the negotiations as CSA and the South African Cricketers’ Association (Saca) explored the option of restructuring. It was then accepted by the CSA members’ council.
Division 1 will follow a similar schedule to the current franchise system, which includes participation in a four-day series, a one-day cup and the annual Mzansi Super League.
The teams from Division 1 will also contest a knockout T20 competition with the seven teams from Division 2.
Division 2 players will have an opportunity to play in the MSL via a player draft, while its regular season will consist of a four-day and one-day competition. The divisions will remain the same for 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons before the promotion-regulation aspect will come into effect.
CSA also announced that they will implement 42 semi-professional women’s contracts to participate in the national league.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Looks like a logical solution but having no pro/rel for the next 2 years is a bit strange.

The "Super" Teams have not worked and it was a solution which did not need to be fixed to begin with

Stefan9

International Debutant
Excellent 100 from Markram for the titans. Elgar played nicely as well.
Keshav cleaning up the lions
Verryne putting the pressure on with that 200.