• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Elgar, Markram.,van tonder, Peterson, Kyle v, temba, de kock, Mulder, Rabada, nortjie, stuurman, reserves Erwee, Maharaj, ngidi, de Swart and dulipen. In sa. Overseas add linde in squad drop ngidi.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Rapport reporting the malan brothers and faf could be off to boland in the shake up.
Faul has confirmed morris,harmer and abbot will play for northerns on play for pay basis.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Markram will end 55 short of 1000 runs for the season due to the odi covid quarantine. Very unfortunate.

Verryne again in the runs. Pieter malan also got a 200.

Final is titans vs knights just like the last game before the system went franchise.

In recruiting news for next season. Northwest have signed muthasamy . Nicky van der Berg will captain the team, he lives in potch so no surprise that he returns to north west. Seems heino kuhn is coming out of retirement to play for them as well.
Strong rumours in rapport that dwaine pretorius, rassie van der dussen,malusi saboto, delano potgieter and alfred hawken from the lions along with duan jansen from the knights will join them as well.

Lions batting coach is also joining them, will be the main coach for the t20 side.

Seems they are building a decent side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Markram will end 55 short of 1000 runs for the season due to the odi covid quarantine. Very unfortunate.

Verryne again in the runs. Pieter malan also got a 200.

Final is titans vs knights just like the last game before the system went franchise.

In recruiting news for next season. Northwest have signed muthasamy . Nicky van der Berg will captain the team, he lives in potch so no surprise that he returns to north west. Seems heino kuhn is coming out of retirement to play for them as well.
Strong rumours in rapport that dwaine pretorius, rassie van der dussen,malusi saboto, delano potgieter and alfred hawken from the lions along with duan jansen from the knights will join them as well.

Lions batting coach is also joining them, will be the main coach for the t20 side.

Seems they are building a decent side.
I thought the Dolphins were in the finals?
Marahaj's been killing it. Even scoring some runs which is a surprise considering he looked like he was batting with a toothpick in Pakistan.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I thought the Dolphins were in the finals?
Marahaj's been killing it. Even scoring some runs which is a surprise considering he looked like he was batting with a toothpick in Pakistan.
Mistype :( Should be titans vs dolphins. Same as when they shared the title before the franchise system.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Titans inept batting without Markram means there will be a result anyway. Markram has hidden the issues all season.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It is beyond just inept batting though, its the inability of SA batsmen to deal with spin (slow bowling really!) of any sort. Even if Muthusamy and Subrayen are bowling at their best there should be no ways that between them they have taken 15 wickets. And its not just the Titans its across all the teams. Inability to play against even moderately decent spinners has never been so bad in SA domestic structure. Which leaves me to believe there is a fundamental problem with the way batsmen are being taught to play spinners at school, club and the other lower levels. Which comes back to the quality of coaching.

Bahseph

State Captain
Well done to the Dolphins! I accept all criticisms of the state of the domestic batting against spin but I'm just chuffed that we are champs.

Subrayen and Muthusamy bowled well. It was a joy to watch them yesterday. But that's with my Dophins-tinted specs. There was no transfer of pressure at all. Tell me why Makhanya is at 6 with his FC record?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Dolphins have played well the entire season and are worthy champs. Big congrats. To win outright having lost the first 2 Days to poor light and rain is a decent effort.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some transfer rumours with some confirmed on top of the Malan brothers.

Western Province
Yaseen Vallie, Glenton Stuurman, Stefan Tait from the Warriors
Kyle Simmonds from Titans
Want to get Amla and Parnell too

Boland
Pieter and Janneman Malan
Stiaan van Zyl & Hardus Viljoen (talk of Faf but can't see why or how)
Shaun von Berg (told by Knights they releasing because of transformation despite giving him security to buy a house in Bloem)
Trying for Bjorn Fortuin & Akhona Mnyaka

Eastern Province
Diego Rosier & Kabelo Sekhukhune from Titans
Got to suspect they will contract Tristan Stubbs

KZN Coastal
Internally Thamsanqa Khumalo
Bryce Parsons from Gauteng
Thando Ntini from Titans
Jason Smith from Cobras

Free State
Want to get Duanne Olivier to compete with Gerald Coetzee and Migael Pretorius
Gregory Mahlokwana the Shaun von Berg replacement lol

North West 16 is rumoured to be
Heino Kuhn, Eben Botha, Wesley Marshall, Senuran Muthusamy, Nicky van den Bergh, Shaylen Pillay, Jason Oakes, Lesego Senokwane, Delano Potgieter, Nono Pongolo, Ndumiso Mvelase, Johannes Diseko, Eldred Hawken, Duan Jansen, Chad Claasen, Lwandiswa Zuma

Gauteng getting who is left from the Lions + Ruan Haasbroek from North West I reckon. Internally definitely Mitchell van Buuren.

Northerns. Not sure if Harmer, Morris, Abbott will sign full contracts or pay-as-you-play.
Gihahn Cloete & Aya Gqamane from Warriors.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Believe all 3 harmer,abbott and morris are pay as you play. Faul was quoted as saying so in the rapport two weeks ago.

SeamUp

International Coach
Believe all 3 harmer,abbott and morris are pay as you play. Faul was quoted as saying so in the rapport two weeks ago.
Can understand Morris being in demand for T20 cricket but was really hoping Harmer and Abbott would get full contracts.

Looks like the same for Rossouw and Olivier as didn't contracts with Free State. Maybe still hope Olivier gets elsewhere. Or will they be pay-as-you-play.

FREE STATE squad for 2020/21

Raynard van Tonder, Jacques Snyman, Pite van Biljon, Patrick Botha, Gerald Coetzee, Migael Pretorius, Matthew Kleinveldt, Dilvio Ridgaard, Farhaan Behardien, Patrick Kruger, Nealan van Heerden, Mangaliso Mosehle (wk), Wandile Makwetu (wk), Mbulelo Budaza, Alfred Mothia, Gregory Mahlokwane

INS
Mangaliso Mosehle (Dolphins)
Gregory Mahlokwane (Titans)
Dilivio Ridgaard, Patrick Botha and Nealan van Heerden (all Free State semi-pro)

OUTS
Andries Gous (USA)
Grant Mokoena (Titans I believe)
Shaun von Berg (Boland)
Ferisco Adams (Boland)
Duan Jansen (North West)
Jonathan Vandiar

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Vandiar is finished?

I remember when people were saying he was a future Protea, safe to say that one didn't even remotely work out