• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some team that Trevor Goddard , Eddie Barlow, Colin Bland, Graeme and Peter Pollock ..Only the Pollock brothers are still alive from that team . Two all rounders open the batting , post isolation we have a reputation of being conservative but back in the day we had some funky teams ..
Those Pollocks do have some terrific genes

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I do think that Verreynne will likely be back sooner rather than later... I don't think that Klaasen will become the long term wk option. Its preference from the coach but if Verreynne keeps scoring runs and Klaasen does not perform quickly then I think there will be enough pressure to force Verreynne selection.

Bahseph

State Captain
I do think that Verreynne will likely be back sooner rather than later... I don't think that Klaasen will become the long term wk option. Its preference from the coach but if Verreynne keeps scoring runs and Klaasen does not perform quickly then I think there will be enough pressure to force Verreynne selection.
I agree on this. I think Verreynne comes back soon. I don't buy Klaasen the Test bat. Terrific guy to have in your LO squads though. Bats anywhere in the middle order,keeps and bowls some filthy offies if you want.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I like that Markram 50, got himself in here first before bullying the bowling... not that the bowling has been great.

Bahseph

State Captain
Life cycle of a modern West Indian spinner:

Pick heaps of wickets domestically
Debut against Zimbabwe/Bangladesh and take a big haul
Suffer the yips against better teams
Get dropped for Roston Chase
Man I am sick of seeing Chase in this side. Such dead weight. Might as well play Cornwall even if he can't field anywhere but slip.

Dendarii

International Debutant

Dendarii

International Debutant
Actually being serious for a moment, absolutely. Thinking Rabada is absurdly overrated on batting ability does not mean I think he should be batting behind someone clearly worse with the willow
Didn't think you were suggesting that. It was just a comment on Ngidi's lack of batting ability (or lack thereof). He's not quite South Africa's worst ever number 11 - Neil Adcock has a worse average in more matches, but he's definitely close to it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't think you were suggesting that. It was just a comment on Ngidi's lack of batting ability (or lack thereof). He's not quite South Africa's worst ever number 11 - Neil Adcock has a worse average in more matches, but he's definitely close to it.
Ahh fair enough then. Yeah Ngidi is one of the few remaining geniune 11s around in international cricket