• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Marius

International Debutant
I think this was the match. Australia went at 5.8 an over in their first innings.

Although it was at the Old Wanderers, not this ground.
Joburg is one of the few cities where Test cricket has been played on three grounds. Along with Old and New Wanderers some games were played at Ellis Park.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing a shot like that on 96* is motivated by the same sort of tendency that makes people get off on streaking. Would say the same about that dab between slips.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Probably about to jinx the man.... but I like de Zorzi and the look of him. Think he looks good and hopefully learns from this exposure to international cricket quickly.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
1678276767264.png
This was put on another thread by Immenso before today ..Our conversion rate from 50 into 100 during our golden Era was 77% .
The last 6 years our conversion rate for the top 6 is at 29% , the worst out of the top 10 Test nations .

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Bavuma at no.4 doesn't work , he's better off at no.6 or no.5 where he can score those useful 30's in a rescue act (I would say out the team but our selection policies have been well documented) , he does try his best but he's just not prolific enough to be a no.4 .