• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Dendarii

International Debutant
Just looked up the stats for the series in Australia because I remember a couple of half centuries he scored.
He was their 2nd top run scorer in the series so yeah this axing seems real harsh.
But should you be picking a keeper on batting alone? If they rate Klaasen as the better keeper then it's not an unreasonable decision to go with him. I don't agree with it because I don't think there's anything wrong with Verreynne's keeping, but I don't know what they were looking at when evaluating the two.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Markram is a strange one. Either looks real class or awful and has very little in between. Good to see him looking good again, I like watching him.

ashley bach

International Captain
Despite how dry the track looks, it's loaded with cracks. No problem for now but come later I'm sure they'll create havoc.

Marius

International Debutant
I think we need to give Rassie slightly more credit than this mate! He has been great in ODIs since making his debut.
Ja, I'm not RvdD's biggest fan, but he should be one of the first names on your team sheet for an ODI. An average of nearly 70, at an SR of 90 in nearly 40 innings is a big enough sample to show the guy can play.

But it's weird, bowl to him with a red ball and he looks like an octopus on roller skates, bowl to him with a white ball and he bats like Bradman and Tendulkar's lovechild.

Bahseph

State Captain
Ja, I'm not RvdD's biggest fan, but he should be one of the first names on your team sheet for an ODI. An average of nearly 70, at an SR of 90 in nearly 40 innings is a big enough sample to show the guy can play.

But it's weird, bowl to him with a red ball and he looks like an octopus on roller skates, bowl to him with a white ball and he bats like Bradman and Tendulkar's lovechild.
His technique is made for ODI cricket. He can get off strike easily with his nudges and nurdles which will probably get him out in Tests. Most of the time it's just relentless accumulation until he hits out.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
West Indies has been really unlucky when it comes to toss , this pitch will deteriorate as the match progress.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
The last time SA played two spinners at the Wanderers was in 1965.

Some team that Trevor Goddard , Eddie Barlow, Colin Bland, Graeme and Peter Pollock ..Only the Pollock brothers are still alive from that team . Two all rounders open the batting , post isolation we have a reputation of being conservative but back in the day we had some funky teams ..