• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**"Official" **South Africa vs Pakistan : April 2021 ( white ball)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Goes about the principle. It is not acceptable to me to not pick your strongest team when playing international games...International games should take precedence over franchise games each and every time...If you want to test youngsters arrange a team games...
If this was a Test series I would agree. But the number of LO series of no interest means that these things have lost all meaning as anything beyond different types of hit and giggle for monies. No different to that of the IPL.

And I won't even go into any ideas of patriotism, or nationalism being an important principal in peoples lives because they know how I feel about that sort of thing by now.

Tom Flint

International Regular
The players should only agree to go once their countries games are finished even if it means they miss one ipl game

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why hate the BCCI for this? IPL window was agreed upon and these series were added at the last minute. Even legally CSA knew they cant ask players to stay back. Same case with NZ and Eng players for that test series there in early June.

It is a sad situation that has happened due to the pandemic but I dont think it makes sense to blame any of the people involved.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
1- Hasnain's opening spells in first 2 ODIs were good. But our TM dropped him instead of runs leaking machine Haris Rauf.
2- TM dropped Danish Aziz after just 2 bad games. He should have been in the team as SA don't have their first choice pace attack.

Mickey Arthur carried Babar for 2 straight years in Test Cricket when Babar was a lesser version of Danish Aziz.
Misbah debuted in 2002 but could not find a permanent place in the team till 2010.

It hurts when both of them treat youngsters unfairly.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Jeez this is dire from Pakistan
Our approach towards modern ODI is outdated.
Gone are days when 50-0 (10 overs) used to be a good score.
Imam with SR of 80 is playing ODIs in 2021.
Haider Ali is sitting on the bench & Rizwan (T20I opener) is playing at 4 in ODIs. Dire stuff.

I know Imam is technically better than Haider Ali but in today's age, most pitches are flat.

anil1405

International Captain
Has there ever been an instance where a teams 3 main pace bowlers haven't bowled a single over in the last 10 overs of an ODI innings?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Markrams inability to put together a solid LO performance is pretty dire, considering his absolute domination of the domestic scene in the LO formats. Maybe the 6th bowling allrounder option batting at 6 is his future for SA...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't get J. Malan, I don't rate him that highly but he just continues to churn out runs when others who seem to have all the ability struggle. Good to see.