• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs England (3 ODI):Jan 27-Feb 04, 2023 in SAfrica

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Not a big Magala fan , but when you win Man of the Match on your debut you should be playing the next game if you are not injured. These aren't dead rubbers there is World Cup points at stake and a player who isn't a regular, definitely wants to play as many games as possible to get on the WC plane.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I imagine duckett was trying to go over mid off (who I assume was up) rather than over deep long on for six. Just dragged it around. I'm surprised pollock\Kp missed that.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Not a big Magala fan , but when you win Man of the Match on your debut you should be playing the next game if you are not injured. These aren't dead rubbers there is World Cup points at stake and a player who isn't a regular, definitely wants to play as many games as possible to get on the WC plane.
Rodney Redmond (NZ) on Debut test hits 165 odd vs pakistan nz cricket never call him back

Also nz's Ajaz patel Bombay boy 10 wkts in single innings in test Dropped in next test.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I wanted to say England have an impressuve total, then I remembered the times we live in. Anyway cam South Africa realistically chase this?

ashley bach

International Captain
I wanted to say England have an impressuve total, then I remembered the times we live in. Anyway cam South Africa realistically chase this?
Yeah the times we live in are certainly very different. Regardless of grounds and conditions though 342 is always a mammoth score so no doubt
it's going to be an uphill battle for S.A to get up.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a flawless chase. Great start from the openers, particularly Bavuma. VDD moving up the order seemed like the obvious thing to do so no wonder it has worked out. Thought there was a room for a collapse with Jansen at 7 but Miller did very well to take the bowlers on.