• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs England (3 ODI):Jan 27-Feb 04, 2023 in SAfrica

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
No wonder why Rohit not wants Bumrah at nagpur

Not playing since long time>Archer
10/0/81/1 now*
10/0/79/0 vs pak

In india Yo Yo test require 100%
Fitness not 80

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I think England will be happy enough with that and we've not got our strongest batting line up but I'd back us to make these

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Malan flying out the blocks.

Surprised he's opened expected Salt or Duckett
Malan is an under rated player. He was number 1 in the ranking for T20 for a good while and for me is better in the 50 over game.

He's alot like Root, scores quickly without you really noticing and it'll be interesting to see if both play in the WC or will it be or the other.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Malan is an under rated player. He was number 1 in the ranking for T20 for a good while and for me is better in the 50 over game.

He's alot like Root, scores quickly without you really noticing and it'll be interesting to see if both play in the WC or will it be or the other.
Agree he should be in the side. The question is whether Malan in the powerplay and Duckett with the field spread is better than the other way around. I'm not convinced it's very different either way, but the comparison with Root suggests that Malan is more likely to do the work in the middle order than Duckett.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

@Howe_zat already said it better than I would have

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Agree he should be in the side. The question is whether Malan in the powerplay and Duckett with the field spread is better than the other way around. I'm not convinced it's very different either way, but the comparison with Root suggests that Malan is more likely to do the work in the middle order than Duckett.
It's a fair point, I would have opened with Duckett and had Malan at 3.

I think in the WC it'll be Hales and Bairstow opening with either Root.or Malan at 3. Duckett is an excellent player of spin and could get a middle order spot, particularly if Stokes doesn't come out of retirement.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hmm, when was the last time Hales played a non-T20? I wouldn't bend over backwards to get him in the world cup team, though I recognise his ability to hit a ball with a stick is to international standard.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Hales shouldn't be in contention as this partnership is showing.

This is looking boringly routine.