• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs England (3 ODI):Jan 27-Feb 04, 2023 in SAfrica

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Fans in the UK can watch all three matches on Sky Sports via Sky Sports Main Event (Sky 401/Virgin 501) and Sky Sports Cricket (Sky 404/Virgin 504).

In South Africa, the series will be available on SuperSport and the SuperSport app.

Fans in India can watch the action unfold via the Sony network whlie in Australia, Foxtel have the broadcast rights.

G. S. Kohli

Fans in the UK can watch all three matches on Sky Sports via Sky Sports Main Event (Sky 401/Virgin 501) and Sky Sports Cricket (Sky 404/Virgin 504).

In South Africa, the series will be available on SuperSport and the SuperSport app.

Fans in India can watch the action unfold via the Sony network whlie in Australia, Foxtel have the broadcast rights.
Latest update Fancode in india for live But not sure of sony koz this series in ODI format

G. S. Kohli

Harry Brook set for Debut
In Day Night
  • If selected, Jofra Archer will be playing his first international match since the T20I tour of India in March 2021. He's missed a total of 84 England games since then - 24 Tests, 21 ODIs and 39 T20Is.
  • South Africa have won an impressive 16 of their 24 previous ODIs in Bloemfontein, including eight of their last nine, dating back to 2005.
  • And yet, astonishingly, England have never lost in four attempts at the venue. Bloemfontein was the scene of their solitary win in the 6-1 rout in 1996, as well as a nine-wicket cruise in 2000

Molehill

International Captain
Sounds like England plan to open with Roy and Malan, Duckett 3 and Brook 4. There is nothing in the last 12 months to suggest Roy should be anywhere near this team. There are 3 better openers in this squad let alone currently playing in S Africa. A real missed opportunity not to have Jacks in this team.

theegyptian

As has been said previously by different people we are in a bit of an uncertain time regarding the England side - maybe even a bit of a mess.

Less than a year out from the world cup and we have Roy who can't buy a run, Root skipping the series to play t20 cricket, Duckett playing his first ODI in over 6 years, Brook debuting.

Hardly the smooth (bar Hales) approach to the last WC where nearly everyone in the squad had played a good amout of ODI cricket in the preceding 4 years.

Socerer 01

Absolutely agree. Although I do wonder how much pressure is coming from South Africans. It does seem to me like a lot of the hype, maybe even most of it, is from other nationalities.
it’s the overinvested attention from ipl fans who had a thing for AB

chris.hinton

International Captain
No Root, Stokes, Hales, Bairstow, Wood, Woakes, Salt

AND WE ARE STILL STRONG!!!

Are you going to weep? England is Number 1 in ALL FORMATS

Molehill

International Captain
As has been said previously by different people we are in a bit of an uncertain time regarding the England side - maybe even a bit of a mess.

Less than a year out from the world cup and we have Roy who can't buy a run, Root skipping the series to play t20 cricket, Duckett playing his first ODI in over 6 years, Brook debuting.

Hardly the smooth (bar Hales) approach to the last WC where nearly everyone in the squad had played a good amout of ODI cricket in the preceding 4 years.
And yet, I think it's not that hard to predict the team that turns up for the World Cup (especially if, as expected, Stokes returns). The return of Archer adds another dimension too. It's hard to imagine they don't start as joint favourites with India.

chris.hinton

International Captain
My Prediction

South Africa 0-3 England

England wont be at their best as they are still finding their feet with a few players and the plans plus Archer too. South Africa usually **** themselves when they need to win games and will be in disarray so it will not help them. England will win it with ease and move on to the next "Challenge"

G. S. Kohli

If England win all three matches, South Africa will have to make an unprecedented trip to the qualifying tournament in Zimbabwe in June and July to reach the World Cup in India in October and November.

If South Africa beat England once they will need to prevail in both matches against the Netherlands on March 31 and April 2 to avoid the qualifier.

Molehill

International Captain
SA 2-1 for me. They desperately need to win for the qualification table. England are at least 5 players short of their best 11 and are bringing others back from injury. They also have a walking wicket opening the batting.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
It's a bit of a mix and match side for England with lots of big guns missing - Bairstow, Hales, Stokes and Root who will all play in the WC.

But it's still a strong side and should have too much for SA.

Big series for Roy - he's pretty near last chance saloon

theegyptian

Any excitement I had for the series evaporated the moment I saw willey float down his half volleys at high 70s mph. Ugh so mediocre.

Reactions: FBU

Molehill

International Captain
If Roy can't score runs on this pitch, then he probably never will. SA should be looking for 350 here.

G. S. Kohli

Carnage of English bowling in forcast as SA looking for atleast 1 out of 3 win

61/1
moeen get rid of captain for 36 credit for Sam for Fantastic catch