• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** South Africa v India in Ireland

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully Manoj Tiwari will be fully fit by the time the series begins. The Indian team would benefit a lot once he's in– he was in very good form with the bat, is excellent on the field and in case the Indians still play four bowlers, he can play as the fifth bowler instead of bits-and-pieces bowlers sharing ten overs. He's a very good fit for limited-overs cricket and was very unlucky to get injured before the Bangladesh series, and definitely a lot better than a few who have near-permanent places in the current ODI team.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully Manoj Tiwari will be fully fit by the time the series begins. The Indian team would benefit a lot once he's in– he was in very good form with the bat, is excellent on the field and in case the Indians still play four bowlers, he can play as the fifth bowler instead of bits-and-pieces bowlers sharing ten overs. He's a very good fit for limited-overs cricket and was very unlucky to get injured before the Bangladesh series, and definitely a lot better than a few who have near-permanent places in the current ODI team.
He is good, but I hope to God that his ODI performances don't stop the selectors picking the primarily Four Day cricketer for Tests.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
According to Haroon Lorgat (chief selector) captain Smith will almost certainly miss out on this series. Lorgat, also said that the squad shouldn’t experience much in the way of change with only Steyn, Thandi and a few others (van der Wath, van Wyk) coming into the equation. Jacques Kallis is likely to lead the side in Smith’s absence.

Nishant

International 12th Man
india are gonna have separate squad for the SA series and the england series, So does that mean that they will go in with a weakened team? If so, they'll get hammered. Plus, India have a one off game with pakistan in glasgow(applied for tickets). Hopefully they have a strong team TBH.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I didn't get you.
i meant that i heard that they will have separate squads for the SA series in ireland and then a separate one for the england tour a few weeks later. That made me think that india would have a weakened squad for the SA series ( probably thinking thats its just a 3-match-ODI series) and have a full strength, rested squad for the england tour.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As long as the test squad is not compromised on, I cbf who plays and who doesn't in your daily one dayer.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad news on Manoj Tiwari- he's out for two more months.

If they're having separate teams for the Ireland and England legs, they can have

For both legs:
  • Dravid (C)
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Ishant Sharma (RFM)
  • Powar (OB)
  • Gambhir
  • Uthappa
  • Kaif
  • RP Singh (LMF)
For IRELAND:
  • Piyush Chawla (LBG)
  • Praveen Kumar (RM)
  • Raina
  • Rohit Sharma
For ENGLAND:
  • Tendulkar
  • Yuvraj
  • Yusuf Pathan (LBG/OB?)
  • Sreesanth (RFM)
The Ireland leg isn't much of an event, so the net is cast wider there. As you can see, everyone (except, probably, Dravid and Zaheer) can field well. The likes of Sehwag, Irfan and Harbhajan will have to wait a little longer, but except for Irfan, none of them should be sent back to India A. Hopefully Sreesanth will recover by the time the England leg starts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
interesting that u don't want Dinesh Karthik for any of those squads and yet he has made 50s in each of his last 3 tests.

Nishant

International 12th Man
interesting that u don't want Dinesh Karthik for any of those squads and yet he has made 50s in each of his last 3 tests.
im beginning to rate karthick a lot more now...i wud definitely have him in the test set-up...not sure bt the one day games, though.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Bad news on Manoj Tiwari- he's out for two more months.

If they're having separate teams for the Ireland and England legs, they can have

For both legs:
  • Dravid (C)
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Ishant Sharma (RFM)
  • Powar (OB)
  • Gambhir
  • Uthappa
  • Kaif
  • RP Singh (LMF)
For IRELAND:
  • Piyush Chawla (LBG)
  • Praveen Kumar (RM)
  • Raina
  • Rohit Sharma
For ENGLAND:
  • Tendulkar
  • Yuvraj
  • Yusuf Pathan (LBG/OB?)
  • Sreesanth (RFM)
The Ireland leg isn't much of an event, so the net is cast wider there. As you can see, everyone (except, probably, Dravid and Zaheer) can field well. The likes of Sehwag, Irfan and Harbhajan will have to wait a little longer, but except for Irfan, none of them should be sent back to India A. Hopefully Sreesanth will recover by the time the England leg starts.
Would definitely put Joginder ahead of Praveen Kumar....