• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in West Indies- T20i Series— 2024

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Golden duck for Baartman on debut.

That was comprehensive from our guys. Biggest win versus South Africa in this format.

_Ed_

Enjoyable game to start the series.

Have to admit to having some mixed feelings here - I always want WI to do well and would usually support them against South Africa, but I don't want them to get too much confidence and momentum heading into Pool C in the World Cup!

SillyCowCorner1

Enjoyable game to start the series.

Have to admit to having some mixed feelings here - I always want WI to do well and would usually support them against South Africa, but I don't want them to get too much confidence and momentum heading into Pool C in the World Cup!
We have every right to bask in these victories. A team that’s failed to qualify for two WCs. As can be seen from the crowd in Sabina Park…WI are back!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Watching a full replay of King's innings at the moment - he played some stunning shots.
I was reflecting after the match that King and Hendricks are pretty similar batsmen in terms of strength and style. I wonder what it was about that style that worked on what became a difficult pitch to score on after 10 overs of each innings.

SillyCowCorner1

I hope that nothing is wrong with Akeal, he only bowled the solitary over yesterday.

I’m just hoping that King wanted to give all his bowlers an over or two.

Chase in the power play is going to be huge for us. Motie in the middle overs is gonna need a supporting cast as well.

Shepherd will have to be used exclusively as a PP-first 10 overs bowler.

So much to work with… I’m excited.

Also, love the crowd at Sabina Park 😍

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I hope that nothing is wrong with Akeal, he only bowled the solitary over yesterday.

I’m just hoping that King wanted to give all his bowlers an over or two.

Chase in the power play is going to be huge for us. Motie in the middle overs is gonna need a supporting cast as well.

Shepherd will have to be used exclusively as a PP-first 10 overs bowler.

So much to work with… I’m excited.

Also, love the crowd at Sabina Park 😍
I was thinking yesterday that Akheil may well be under some pressure. DO we need two SLA options now Chase is there to bowl some tight overs also? Motie is so good, it give our team mgt something to think about. Could Akheil sit out and enable a seam bowling all-rounder instead in some conditions?

SillyCowCorner1

I was thinking yesterday that Akheil may well be under some pressure. DO we need two SLA options now Chase is there to bowl some tight overs also? Motie is so good, it give our team mgt something to think about. Could Akheil sit out and enable a seam bowling all-rounder instead in some conditions?
The inclusion of Chase certainly adds variety, but Akeal and Motie represent two distinct types of bowlers: Akeal is more in tune with the new ball, whereas Motie embodies the classical style, boasting a repertoire of pure skill.

I believe Akeal isn't facing any pressure; his position as the senior spinner seems well-established.

SillyCowCorner1

A great innings from Chase, came out of the syllabus. 208 on this pitch is going to be tough. The spinners are going to be key, as we’ve seen how SA’s did in the first innings.