• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I see Ashwell Prince was leading by example…

Looks like a pitiful total but as Jason said if Fernando and Maharoof can get some assistance than the chances are Ntini, Nel and Steyn will also.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sangakkara destroying Nel and Hall…

South Africa only have themselves to blame, once more dropping important catches and getting wickets of no balls is not going to alleviate an already ****** situation.

dinu23

International Debutant
brilliant effort by SL. bowling the Proteas under 200 is excellent with the bowling attack we have. Sana and upul failed but Sanga and Mahela going strong.

dinu23

International Debutant
brilliant effort by SL. bowling the Proteas under 200 is excellent with the bowling attack we have. Sana and upul failed but Sanga and Mahela going strong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top stuff Sanga and Jayawardene. I always love when they bat together, not only a big part of the future of SL cricket, but they've been around a long time too.

JBH001

International Regular
Great effort by Lanka in keeping the South African innings under 200.
Frankly I am a little surprised.
Day 2 will be crucial though - hopefully Sanga and Jayawardene can both go on to make 100's and really put SA under pressure.

Also, I believe it a good thing that Sanga is not keeping - I have always thought it asked a lot of him (of anyone really) to keep and then bat at no.3 especially with the usual fragility of the SL openers. Not only is it physically demanding but also mentally demanding when you think of the level of concentration required.

As an aside, if he did not keep in this test, where did he field?

Lostman

State Captain
gully and point for the fast bowlers, didn't see him for the spinners. He did a good job on the field. On a side note I dont know why they want to have P.Jaya in the side for his keeping, he is a really bad batsmen. Tharanga and Dilshan are both keepers for their club sides, SL would be better off if one of them just kept.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This Test heading towards a record victory for SL over SA .

2 Double centurions in an innings pretty much on the cards ATM.

2/317 with both batsmen on 144 n.o

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone who can enlighten us on this little stat ?

How often has there been 2 double centurions in an innings in Test Cricket ?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Test record for Sri Lanka for the third wicket, beating Jayawardene and Samaraweera effort against are lot in 2003.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't give up , Mate.

SA still has a chance of making a fight of this Test, if someone can pluck out a few wickets for SA and the lead stays under 200 -250 . *Seems highly unlikely ATM. But it could happen *:)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
430+ run partnership, absolutely huge. Great to see, I quite like this Sri Lankan outfit.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

World record partnership for the 3rd wicket brought up with a dropped catch. Top stuff though

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka now hold the first and second highest partnerships records in test cricket. Great chance for these man tomorrow to outdo Mahanama and Jayasuriya.