• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan, 2021

SSA

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, that's a ridiculous selection. Didn't learn anything from the Naseem experiment apparently. He's probably even worse.
Wasim said the reason they picked him was because there is no one else in Pakistan with his pace who could play the enforcer role. While there is some merit to having different types of bowlers in an attack, I don't know if Haris should have been selected. He's hardly played FC level, so I don't know if he has the fitness for red ball cricket. His white ball form hasn't been spectacular either.

Naseem I think does have the raw ingredients to succeed. I don't know who tampered with his run up for the NZ series, but to me he's been struggling for rhythm ever since he decided to shorten it.

I am pleased with most of the squad Wasim selected. I don't expect us to turn our fortunes around, but at least there seems to be some clarity and direction as opposed to Misbah's selections. Tabish I think has been selected a few years too late, but he has bowled some jaffas this QEA season. I think his is just a merit selection for his FC career and a signal from Wasim to indicate that FC performances will be the priority factor going forward.

SeamUp

International Coach
First SA Call-ups for Burger, Cele, Rickelton & Snyman.

Full Squad:

Heinrich Klaasen (captain, Momentum Multiply Titans),
Nandre Burger (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
Okuhle Cele (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Junior Dala (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Bjorn Fortuin (Imperial Lions),
Reeza Hendricks (Imperial Lions),
George Linde (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
Janneman Malan (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
David Miller (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Dwaine Pretorius (Imperial Lions),
Ryan Rickleton (Imperial Lions),
Tabraiz Shamsi (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Lutho Sipamla (Imperial Lions),
Jon-Jon Smuts (Warriors),
Pite van Biljon (VKB Knights),
Glenton Stuurman (Warriors),
Jacques Snyman (VKB Knights).

SeamUp

International Coach
Cele? Forget left field, that one has came from a good five or six grounds away
Yeah :laugh: It's a shocking pick. Magala clearly being punished for not meeting fitness requirement. Even Burger and Dala are a bit meh form wise. We must be well into the teens if fast bowling squad selections in the last couple months. Also sick of Reeza so there are a few gripes.

Test players including the immediate fringe coming home straight after the test series to isolate and prepare ahead of the Australia series. So the interesting calls are Sipamla and D.Pretorius staying there.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah :laugh: It's a shocking pick. Magala clearly being punished for not meeting fitness requirement. Even Burger and Dala are a bit meh form wise. Also sick of Reeza so there are a few gripes.

Test players including the immediate fringe coming home straight after the test series to isolate and prepare ahead of the Australia series. So the interesting calls are Sipamla and D.Pretorius staying there.
Fwiw I do think Cele has looked kinda sorta alright in a couple of his 50 over games, but it's still a seroiusly bizarre call. Even accounting for non cricketing reasons, I can think of a good dozen people that should have been ahead of him

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
First SA Call-ups for Burger, Cele, Rickelton & Snyman.

Full Squad:

Heinrich Klaasen (captain, Momentum Multiply Titans),
Nandre Burger (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
Okuhle Cele (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Junior Dala (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Bjorn Fortuin (Imperial Lions),
Reeza Hendricks (Imperial Lions),
George Linde (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
Janneman Malan (Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras),
David Miller (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Dwaine Pretorius (Imperial Lions),
Ryan Rickleton (Imperial Lions),
Tabraiz Shamsi (Momentum Multiply Titans),
Lutho Sipamla (Imperial Lions),
Jon-Jon Smuts (Warriors),
Pite van Biljon (VKB Knights),
Glenton Stuurman (Warriors),
Jacques Snyman (VKB Knights).

Man, your selection committee took India-A's recent series win over Australia too seriously.

SeamUp

International Coach
Commentators for the series : Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Wasim Akram, Daryll Cullinan, Mike Haysman, Simon Doull

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
From above squad, the likely XI will be

Abid
Imran (debut)
Azhar
Babar
Fawad
Rizwan
Faheem/Nawaz
Yasir
Hasan
Shaheen
Haris Rauf

#KarachiNoSpinny

SSA

Cricket Spectator
I think this may be the XI

Abid Ali
Azhar Ali
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Rizwan
Faheem Ashraf
Yasir Shah
Hasan Ali
Said Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi

Heboric

International Debutant
Commentators for the series : Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Wasim Akram, Daryll Cullinan, Mike Haysman, Simon Doull
Simon Doull !!, i thought I heard him commentate on Sri Lanka vs England today. Unless they doing a SABC type job and the commentators of the match arent at the ground

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Simon Doull !!, i thought I heard him commentate on Sri Lanka vs England today. Unless they doing a SABC type job and the commentators of the match arent at the ground
He may be doing the 20/20s. For example, Akram is only doing the tests.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pakistan selectors supposedly squabbling and fighting who to leave from the squad from Tabish and Haris Rauf but couldn't decide so left both in so both are unlikely to play and Pakistan will go in with 2 frontline spinners which is set to be Yasir and Nauman.