• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i'm not overally convinced either...but this spell could well put him back into contention with Michael Mason.

Mingster

State Regular
Tim said:
Well i'm not overally convinced either...but this spell could well put him back into contention with Michael Mason.
I doubt it, considering he still conceded 49 off 7.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well considering that Butler seems to be in favour with the NZ selectors no matter what his bowling figures are like at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if this spell has convinced the selectors that he's worth being looked at for Friday.

I think the South African batsmen will step up on Friday anyway & I can visualise Butler being smashed for 50 runs off about 6 overs.

The selectors will argue of course, that even though Butler conceeded 49 off 7 overs..he still took 3 wickets & so he's more than made up for the high economy rate.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Welcome Isolator :)

Good win for SA, what Im most pleased about is the following :)

Boje 10 0 19 2

Looks like another good spinner has returned :) I never knew Ashwell Prince was touring, the sooner the SA selectors realized he is a provincial player at best, the better :!(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah good win I thought, South Africa stamped their authority on the match right from the 1st over.

Northern Districts have been rubbish this season, so it was no surprise to see them fail once again though. But with 5 NZ players in the team..that was quite a poor effort.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fortunately Northern Districts were the worst side in the NZ domestic competition by a long stretch this season so a thumping loss to South Africa wasn't so surprising.

I would have been extremely worried though if South Africa had done the same to Canterbury or Central Districts.

Mingster

State Regular
The weather is perfect up here today, not a cloud in the sky.

But lets hope the pitch plays well, it's another dop in but from the South Island this time.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
it'll be interesting to see how many people turn up considering its a working day.
The general feeling is that they might get close to a sell-out.

stevo22

Cricket Spectator
Should be a good series tho i back SA in their current form to win it.
Kallis is near unbeatable at the moment and Klusener is
capable of doing a 'razzaq' so NZ better watch out for him or they'll get caned for 10 an over in the last 10.

Having said that fleming is really in the zone at the moment too.
Hopefully Hamish can continue the superb performances and get himself on the tour to England.
There's a few of the Marshall clan buying up ENG Vs NZ tickets here in anticipation!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the key will be whether NZ can minimise the amount of runs scored off their last 10 overs in the field.

We don't really know if Klusener is still capable of producing the kind of assault that he was known the world over for a few years ago...infact it may be the front end which concerns NZ more with the likes of Gibbs, Smith & Kallis.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact is, I can't see NZ winning this series.
There are 6 ODI's and surely NZ will win at least 1 but I think it'll be a 4-2 series win to South Africa.

I think there are serious concerns over the middle order with Marshall, Styris, McMillan & Cairns...none of them have had a decent build-up in the State Shield & whether the NZ bowlers can take a satisfactory amount of wickets in each match.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Well the key will be whether NZ can minimise the amount of runs scored off their last 10 overs in the field.

We don't really know if Klusener is still capable of producing the kind of assault that he was known the world over for a few years ago...infact it may be the front end which concerns NZ more with the likes of Gibbs, Smith & Kallis.
If NZ can't stop the runs in the field (not the bowling)then I doubt that any side would be able to.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand will definately not get free runs in the field against South Africa like they did against Pakistan.

A good thing is that NZ shouldn't be too worried about the South African fast bowling, having already faced Shoaib & Sami earlier in the year.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:

A good thing is that NZ shouldn't be too worried about the South African fast bowling, having already faced Shoaib & Sami earlier in the year.

Wouldnt Shoaib's demolition of them in the test make them even more worried?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well kind of, but in the ODI series..Shoaib was nowhere near the force that he proved to be in the test series & in the end NZ ended up playing him quite well.