• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
When did I ever say he was terrible?
...I never said you did. "Terrible" was in quotes for a reason.

RE: this bizarre semantics debate, context is important. It should be pretty clear that I was both speaking relatively using hyperbole.
How was I supposed to know you were being hyperbolic? It wasn't as obvious as you might have thought.

To be fair, you may have acknowledged the error, but you then maintained the point stood, when your point was based on a statistical equivalency that didn't exist.
"The point" that "still stands" is that Taylor is not a terrible t20 player.

Now everyone has a game of cricket to watch. I'll bow out in deference of the game.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a wicket.

Slightly lucky today SA... early xmas presents from all directions.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else notice Kane Williamson's game plan to spin?

Front foot then back foot then front foot then back foot etc etc. It's pretty consistent. He'll be down the pitch, then the next ball he'll try to cut or pull from deep in his crease. I've seen him almost get LBW a few times but he's usually good enough to get something on it even when he goes back to a really full ball.
haha yup, cutting a ball too full after a drive

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This looks like another recent entry into the annals of 'NZ get a handy start before middle order collapse leaves the batting to the under-strength tail.'

Interesting that Santner's come in ahead of CDG, though in these conditions I think Santner is more likely to stay in so I don't dislike it.

Zinzan

Even though it's not good to be 6 down, could be a blessing if CDG gets a bit lucky and comes off. Santner just looked hit and miss.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Have missed the last half hour because ****ing **** ****heads at Foxtel have switched over to soccer and the other channel that's supposed to now have the cricket is still showing basketball even though the game is finished.

**** them

Doesn't help my mood that our batting is bad either.

Edit: They've finally fixed it. Still mad though.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Have missed the last half hour because ****ing **** ****heads at Foxtel have switched over to soccer and the other channel that's supposed to now have the cricket is still showing basketball even though the game is finished.

**** them

Doesn't help my mood that our batting is bad either.
Honestly, the bowling has been pretty good & but the batting has been awful, just hoping it's a case of a really difficult wicket to hit the ball off the square on, but KW looked comfortable enough. Outfield has been sluggish as well, not sure if it's going to speed up with late day sun.

NZ might have to use KW for 7+ overs today, I'm really not looking forward to Neesham's bowling too many overs.

Meanwhile just 5 overs to go and a whole 4 runs off that over.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ might have to use KW for 7+ overs today, I'm really not looking forward to Neesham's bowling too many overs.
We have all of Neesham, CDG and Williamson for fifth bowler duties today so it shouldn't be too bad. I hear Neesham has been 'working hard' on his bowling but still would only give him 2-4 overs per innings.

Zinzan

Jeez Rabada's got away with about 3 wides above head height today, unless there's some new rule I'm unaware of that it has to be some distance above the head.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
CDG showing that perhaps he can do a job for us at number 6 or 7 in ODIs. Don't want him above that but can hit from early in the innings (not that he's shown a lot of that before today), which is exactly what we are lacking.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent ending for NZ, well batted.... would have preferred Phehlukwayo bowling at the end there, he has done a good job for his franchise at the back end. Hindsight being perfect sight.