• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And just quietly, SA's middle of Duminy and Bavuma looks a little vulnerable, so we could be in with a good chance here if we can get through one of Elgar and FDP.

Edit: Oh, Duminy's in.

SeamUp

International Coach
Been absolutely brilliant have NZL and that looked so awful for Amla. Reckon him churning out runs is a thing of the past.

Up step the all or nothing test batsman JP Duminy.

Mike5181

International Captain
Mills: "If New Zealand were going to play one spinner, who would it be?"

Cumming (completely serious): "Shane Warne. Oh, you mean in the squad? I thought you meant in the world."

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills: "If New Zealand were going to play one spinner, who would it be?"

Cumming (completely serious): "Shane Warne. Oh, you mean in the squad? I thought you meant in the world."

:laugh: Not only did he not pick an NZer, he also didn't pick one that still plays. Epic.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wagner, hero.

If Tim Southee had a central nervous system he'd be sitting in the sheds thinking '****, if I had Neil's competitiveness and drive I'd be not only in this side but one of the best bowlers in the world'. Alas, he doesn't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha those two balls were classic Jeets. Awesome traditional off spin bowling, beat the batsman both times in completely different ways.. no wicket.

Meridio

International Regular
Really, really good bouncer by Wagner that. Looked a lot quicker than his stock ball, really hurried Duminy for pace.

Elgar meanwhile looking very awkward v Patel but somehow surviving. Playing with hard hands, really stabbing the bat at it.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Radio commentary is good. With the professional Saffa commentator plus Wally Lees.

Don't want to **** on people doing their jobs. But the NZ broadcaster commentators (apart from Waddle) these days are really hard to listen to. Like listening to professional time fillers waiting for the next incoming call . I know I'll read the scorecard again
, then I'll use the work "luncheon" or "interval" . No cadence.

I don't know their names. I assume they are radio sport generalists?

No domestic cricket broadcast anymore means these new bread just don't have the hours under their belt.