• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Santner is woeful... dismissed twice in his 19 runs so far and is going nowhere at a time we need quick runs...

Simply not up to this level.

Meridio

International Regular
Was happy for us to get through the first 30-45 minutes this morning, but do agree that it's time to increase the tempo. We only want to bat once, and we want as big a lead as possible in that time; there isn't enough time left in the game to just grind out a big lead at 2 rpo so we need to pick it up; a lot of the responsibility for that is going to go on Santner (and CDG, Watling) because SA will be very happy to give KW a single early in the over.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
what this is showing me is that suddenly deciding santner has to earn his place in the side as a batsman has been as stupid a move as giving latham the gloves. He was picked mainly as a bowler, leave him to that and take the batting as a bonus

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Don't understand the game plan here, not going anywhere like this.

SA must be loving it. We're better off with Santner getting out and CdG coming in to hit a few.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
If I were to guess this was a first hour of batting themselves in, and they'll look to cash in during this second hour.

I hate it though.

Meridio

International Regular
Craig Cumming joins the list of commentators who have no ****ing idea about the lbw rule when it hits a batsman on the full.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Was happy for us to get through the first 30-45 minutes this morning, but do agree that it's time to increase the tempo. We only want to bat once, and we want as big a lead as possible in that time; there isn't enough time left in the game to just grind out a big lead at 2 rpo so we need to pick it up; a lot of the responsibility for that is going to go on Santner (and CDG, Watling) because SA will be very happy to give KW a single early in the over.
I'm really not bothered yet. It's the first hour of the morning. The game plan is clearly to consolidate through the first session, avoid cheap dismissals while the ball is still hard, and then look to build momentum through the day. Obviously they'll need to pick up the pace fairly soon, but I've got no issues with the approach so far.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Santner just hit out or get out. He isn't good enough to bat at 6. And certainly isnt a frontline test spinner. Dont ruin hus odi career , let him focus on that as hes a decent spinner in odis.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, I don't mind them playing conservatively for the first hour or so but Santner being 24 (97) is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited: