• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
Wow Theunis de Bruyn debut.

Oh and poor Kaneh, get a new toss coin spinning technique mate. It's shameful !

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing hell Kane, worst throw :laugh:
Tbf, even his most aesthetically pleasing tosses land on the wrong side for him, so I can see why he'd try a botch-job for something different.

Man I hope Henry bowls Test lengths this game.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Santner in for Neesham, Henry for Southee. CDG holds his spot. It makes no sense, he's a medium pacer slogger. No problem having in the ODI squads, but they're taking the piss. Batting 8 means they see him as a bowler who bats, and is a better bowler than Scott Kuggs. Starting to get over the selections. If he opens the bowling.. Holy ****.

Losing the toss is not surprising, and I wouldn't have expected us to get through the first session without losing the top order. Henry needs to do damage, otherwise I think we'll struggle today. 2 Defensive spinners on a overcast day No 1 doesn't fill me with confidence of taking wickets.

Zinzan

Okay fellas, In the last 3 years against the best opposition (Australia, SA, Eng and India).

We've played those teams 14 times, won the toss 3 times, lost 11.. :ph34r:

Actually surprised we've won as many as 3.

SeamUp

International Coach
Santner in for Neesham, Henry for Southee. CDG holds his spot. It makes no sense, he's a medium pacer slogger. No problem having in the ODI squads, but they're taking the piss. Batting 8 means they see him as a bowler who bats, and is a better bowler than Scott Kuggs. Starting to get over the selections. If he opens the bowling.. Holy ****.

Losing the toss is not surprising, and I wouldn't have expected us to get through the first session without losing the top order. Henry needs to do damage, otherwise I think we'll struggle today. 2 Defensive spinners on a overcast day No 1 doesn't fill me with confidence of taking wickets.
No disrespect to de Grandhomme but he is no test cricketer. Im not sure you could pick him for one of his disciplines alone.

PS even if he snares a couple with the new red cherry shortly.

Flem274*

123/5
not confident in this new, bang it in slightly too short version of henry so pretty much wagner has to take 15 wickets in this test.

i miss the matt henry who first debuted in odis

Zinzan

Ken Rutherford ! Transvaal captain.

Underation. Lovely word.
Lol, I might be reading too much into it, but couldn't help but s****** with the way Ken said "There's been a lot of conjecture, but Tom Latham is getting another chance, it's been well documented." With lots of emphasis & a slow drawl on the word "another".

Edit: that blocked word was "sn igger" ^

Last edited: