• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Briony

International Debutant
Poor total from SA but they kept losing wickets to derail them. Duminy's run out was costly. AB seemed hampered. Perhaps they rest him from ODIs and retain Levi to give him experience. Probably a good toss to win for the kiwis but SA didn't bat well enough to give themselves enough to bowl at. Still think Ontong's not really international class. They should play one of their promising youngsters like Rossouw instead.

Briony

International Debutant
Whatta Catch = I was just thinking earlier that guptil must be a candidate for best fielder in the world.
AB himself probably was. He has a dodgy back so keeping just puts that extra strain on him and takes him away from the outfield.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
50:50 game IMO. Pleased particuarly with Nicol and Southee's efforts to prevent South Africa from making 180+.

Streaking boundary for Guptill followed by a solid shot over mid on. Goes without saying that hes crucial to our chances so hopefully that attempted boundary save from the final ball of the SA innings, in which he showed some pain, isn't at all serious.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Should be a close game.

Well done Auckland for not raining so far during the game - just pissing down in upper hutt.
Given the weather that was forecasted, and a few heavy showers throughout the day in my area about 30 minutes from the ground, its amazing that the ladies got through about 95% of their match and touch wood, we'll get through the main event uninterrupted. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha amazing batting but don't teach your kids to bat like this. Completely across the line.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
DWTA. Chasing sub-180 with Eden Park boundaries has you as firm favourites.
I think facing Zimbabwe, absolutely. Against a SA attack including Morkel and Botha I think 165 leaves it an even contest. Good start in these first four overs not really backing up my point though. Someone really needs to let de Lange know that leg stump half volleys are hardly doing his side any favours.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nominally, de Lange is only bowling as quick as Bracewell was down in Hamilton, but I have a hard time believing it with the naked eye.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I think facing Zimbabwe, absolutely. Against a SA attack including Morkel and Botha I think 165 leaves it an even contest. Good start in these first four overs not really backing up my point though. Someone really needs to let de Lange know that leg stump half volleys are hardly doing his side any favours.
I don't think SA express pace helps them in these circumstances at all, and Botha is pretty unremarkable (now I've said that cue a 5-for)

Briony

International Debutant
I don't think SA express pace helps them in these circumstances at all, and Botha is pretty unremarkable (now I've said that cue a 5-for)
Guys like de Lange are very inexperienced, especially at this form of the game and the pace just gets used for boundaries but come the tests it will probably prove to be an asset.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, back from the gym, wrapped to see SA only got 165 in the end.

Glorious straight drive for 6 from Guppy. Also good signs that Nicol's not just a minnow-bashing.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Guys like de Lange are very inexperienced, especially at this form of the game and the pace just gets used for boundaries but come the tests it will probably prove to be an asset.
Yeah we get rolled in tests by pace time and time again. Totally different in T20 with batsmen swinging hard at it, though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, well 61 off 5.1 overs and New Zealand well and truely in the box seat now. Average bowling though, with far too much bowled too straight - after Levi's wagon wheel the other night, it seems to be a trend both sides are struggling with.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Come the Tests he probably won't be in the side as he's quite clearly beyond three superior seamers.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol Ian Smith. "Nicol does everything so well". Out next delivery. Irrespective, very impressive allround effort from Nicol for the match.