• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

Sir Alex

Banned
It is such a pity that DeViller's superlative century was forgotten in all this. A subliminal effort indeed, he was all timing, a thing which was not really evident in the test matches.

ret

International Debutant
I had tears of joy in my eyes when he hit 200

They came back again after I read this tribute by Gavaskar

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/i-want-to-touch-sachins-feet-gavaskar/47137-38.html?from=tn

New Delhi: Sunil Gavaskar, bowing down to the remarkable double century smashed by Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday, said he would like to touch the 36-year-old's feet.

Tendulkar cracked an unbeaten 200 against South Africa in Gwalior to become the first batsman in ODIs to hit a double hundred.

"Who else has 93 international hundreds, who else has more than 14,000 ODI runs, who else has more than 17, 000 Test runs? Nobody. I would really like to bend down and touch his feet. If somebody is at that pedestal, I would like to do that," Gavaskar told
Sachin :notworthy

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Bridesmaid is overstating it for De Villiers. He was standing in the background at the Registry Office while Sachin was the groom at the Cathedral.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just finished watching the HL of this innings. I just loved how Parnell and Steyn tried to "unsettle" Tendulkar with stares/sledges etc and just got clobbered almost immediately afterwards. Their final analysis of 89 and 95 runs respectively is testimony to this. The earlier they realise Tendulkar actually "feeds" off such sledging, the better.
Honestly, what would you prefer they do?

They were up against arguably the 2nd best batsman in history, in peak form on a road with no support

If Steyn, in particular, wants to try "anything" to get a wicket in those circumstances, then so be it

It didnt work out yesterday but at least they tried

Sir Alex

Banned

They were up against arguably the 2nd best batsman in history, in peak form on a road with no support

If Steyn, in particular, wants to try "anything" to get a wicket in those circumstances, then so be it

So sledging is the last resort when nothing else goes in their favor?

Well, then, they just picked the wrong guy. Sledging Sachin turns him on (no puns) just like Steve Waugh. It has been evident in the past. Actually it was more like desperation as it was when they were getting hammered. The best thing is save that energy, focus and try to make him do mistakes. South Africans were only renewing his motivational and energy levels by pouring oil into the fire.

It was actually funny from an Indian perspective. Kallis apparently took it so much that he carried that even to the post match Press Co, while Steyn's facial expressions transformed from rage to one of bewilderment and resignation was kind of sadistic pleasure.

Briony

International Debutant

Steyn might get his revenge at year's end if Sachin confronts him on a pitch similar to the one for the fourth test against England in January. It's his big chance to prove himself in SA conditions. Will he be pasting him all around the park when the ball is moving around and maybe Morne Morkel is at the other end whistling them around his ears? That more than scoring 200 in a meaningless one day match on a highway on small ground tests a batsman's mettle. As one blogger on a site wrote, it was all about Tendulkar's willpower, not his talent given that everything was militating against the bowlers.

sunilreddy

Banned
Steyn might get his revenge at year's end if Sachin confronts him on a pitch similar to the one for the fourth test against England in January. It's his big chance to prove himself in SA conditions. Will he be pasting him all around the park when the ball is moving around and maybe Morne Morkel is at the other end whistling them around his ears? That more than scoring 200 in a meaningless one day match on a highway on small ground tests a batsman's mettle. As one blogger on a site wrote, it was all about Tendulkar's willpower, not his talent given that everything was militating against the bowlers.

:laugh: :lol::yawn::scared::wallbash::nopity::thumbdown

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This. :D

Just woke up and checked the scores. All I can say is no-one deserves it better. Sachin just exhausts superlatives.
This!!

TBH, reading this thread and all those emotions was the next best thing to Sachin's 200!!! The man is the Bradman of ODIs.. Discuss. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just finished watching the HL of this innings. I just loved how Parnell and Steyn tried to "unsettle" Tendulkar with stares/sledges etc and just got clobbered almost immediately afterwards. Their final analysis of 89 and 95 runs respectively is testimony to this. The earlier they realise Tendulkar actually "feeds" off such sledging, the better.
Kallis was the worst, I felt..

Shri

Mr. Glass
I usually pass him a compliment when we are singig the same cords. I am saying to him 'Thaks for appreciating Sachi, a true fan like me is very happy about it.'

It makes sense and it would be rather appropriate if you stopped jumping the gun.
:lol:

Chill. Just trying to wind you up like almost everyone else on the forum.:p

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Sachin has proved himself in all possible conditions. I understand you are sore from the loss but you are getting a bit boring. He has done it against much better bowlers than this SA attack. He is not going to be scared of Morne Morkel or any other upstart.

Sir Alex

Banned
Kallis was the worst, I felt..
Yes, and I think he carried it to the Press Conference also. He was harping on the flat pitch, small ground and limited his opinion on Tendulkar's innings to a sentence or so, and that too at some ultra blunt prompting by Ravi Shastri. Sometimes, I just wonder whether allegations of him being selfish are really true.