• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Amla tons up, everyone who slagged off this pitch as 'not fit for test cricket' would surely be floored by such a feat of batsmanship in what they recognised were impossible conditions. They would surely hail it as the greatest innings of all time.

Except they won't - they will come up with some impossibly backward 'the pitch flattened out' comments, because cricket is poor when Australia aren't playing.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If Amla tons up, everyone who slagged off this pitch as 'not fit for test cricket' would surely be floored by such a feat of batsmanship in what they recognised were impossible conditions. They would surely hail it as the greatest innings of all time.

Except they won't - they will come up with some impossibly backward 'the pitch flattened out' comments, because cricket is poor when Australia aren't playing.
And England :laugh: :laugh:

Your lot are whining about this just as much :p

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this

Yea came here to post exactly this. If SA get close or win, all the **** analysis 'experts' over at Cricinfo and the like are going to claim the pitch flattened out, rather than call SA's performance one of the greatest batting feats of all time, or more accurately, acknowledge that the pitch was never that terrible to begin with.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea came here to post exactly this. If SA get close or win, all the **** analysis 'experts' over at Cricinfo and the like are going to claim the pitch flattened out, rather than call SA's performance one of the greatest batting feats of all time, or more accurately, acknowledge that the pitch was never that terrible to begin with.
I think this is the most likely scenario if SA wins. Regardless of the pitch, chasing 300+ in the 4th innings is considered a terrific feat.

cnerd123

likes this
I think this is the most likely scenario if SA wins. Regardless of the pitch, chasing 300+ in the 4th innings is considered a terrific feat.
And doing that on a pitch that is considered unplayable = GOAT batting performance.

But nah, I can guarantee you there will be experts who will say the pitch 'flattened out' by day 3. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the commentators on air are already saying.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And doing that on a pitch that is considered unplayable = GOAT batting performance.

But nah, I can guarantee you there will be experts who will say the pitch 'flattened out' by day 3. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the commentators on air are already saying.
Bhogle, Kumble and Sunny.so yes if non Indian batsmen score, the pitch flattend out :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
South Africa have kind of been battered but will still only lose by 100 or so runs if not less. One of the best aspects of low scoring games.

cnerd123

likes this
This partnership now higher than any NZ have managed over at Adelaide.

Wonder where Pratters, artvadelay, Bahnz, Social and the other people calling this pitch 'poor' and 'unplayable' have gone.

Still so bitter at that. I want someone to just come here and admit they were wrong about this pitch goddamit.