• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhuvi needs to go back to his strength that is to swing with control. While it's good to have the ability to crank it up to surprise sometimes but this transformation to a full fledged 137k seamer is not suiting him. In last match think Harsha and other commentators also brought the issue up.
Is there a marked difference in how much swing he gets with the red ball as opposed to the white ball? I didn't see much swing in this series from either side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's my problem.. Don't think Bhuvi will ever be fast enough to worry anybody. If there is a tradeoff with swing, then its just not worth it.

I think even half the swing he used to get at 135-142 kph will be good enough to trouble batsmen at this level, tbh. And he is bowling near those speeds. Just needs to practice and practice till he gets his lengths and seam position right.

kingkallis

International Coach
I think even half the swing he used to get at 135-142 kph will be good enough to trouble batsmen at this level, tbh. And he is bowling near those speeds. Just needs to practice and practice till he gets his lengths and seam position right.
That would be Andersonesque

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think he increased his pace to bowl better in the death, which has been working for him, but he just hasn't been taking wickets up fromt with the new ball since forever and it's definitely the swing that has disappeared. It's dire because swinging the ball is how he's been taking wickets all his life and now suddenly he doesn't have that anymore.

Think his debut, his series against Pakistan, 2nd and 3rd test v Australia in India etc. He was hooping it and got proper opening batsmen looking like idiots.

Daemon

BD fans rubbing it in on my fb feed. Can't believe the ****s are still so bitter about the WC QF :laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
BD fans rubbing it in on my fb feed. Can't believe the ****s are still so bitter about the WC QF :laugh:
Don't think it started with that game to be honest. BD cricketers themselves have mentioned they have an extra motivation when playing India. The fans also seemed to get extra passionate. Not sure if Indian team or fans value the rivalry much but from the BD's perspective, this is almost their version of Ashes or India-Pakistan in terms of the intensity of the rivalry.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember I once called the Bangladesh team of the 2000s poor. Later, saw some Bangladesh forum where they were bashing me up linking to that post from cw.

Last edited:

Daemon

tbf I'd lay into Indian fans too if I wasn't one after that.
Nah these same ****s never commented on cricket ever until the WC. Ever since then 75% of their cricket related posts involve India somehow

cnerd123

likes this
Nah these same ****s never commented on cricket ever until the WC. Ever since then 75% of their cricket related posts involve India somehow
I remember a bunch of sri lankan ****s from Uni doing the same **** after we kicked their assess in the 2011 WC. For like a year and a half after that pretty much all their cricket-related posts we making fun of indians.

Called them out on being pathetic a few times and unfollowed the lot of them. Some sports fans are just so terrible. They're terribly negative and generally awful people to begin with, and just happen to use sports as a mean to express that. Got a few other really cool Sri Lankans who I've played with that I respect, some BD ones too. But some just tie their identity (and thus insecurities) so strongly into their Country and their's Country's success in various **** that it gets annoying. Lots of Indians do that too tbf. I remember a lot of waaahing on FB after we lost to Australia and England 4-0 shortly after the WC. That Rohit Sharma "Come play us in India" kinda ****.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember a bunch of sri lankan ****s from Uni doing the same **** after we kicked their assess in the 2011 WC. For like a year and a half after that pretty much all their cricket-related posts we making fun of indians.

Called them out on being pathetic a few times and unfollowed the lot of them. Some sports fans are just so terrible. They're terribly negative and generally awful people to begin with, and just happen to use sports as a mean to express that. Got a few other really cool Sri Lankans who I've played with that I respect, some BD ones too. But some just tie their identity (and thus insecurities) so strongly into their Country and their's Country's success in various **** that it gets annoying. Lots of Indians do that too tbf. I remember a lot of waaahing on FB after we lost to Australia and England 4-0 shortly after the WC. That Rohit Sharma "Come play us in India" kinda ****.
I think most people who are ultra nationalistic tend to behave that way. CW is a rare exception.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea once you're a serious enough fan of any sport, the nationalistic bull**** tends to take a backseat. It's what makes casual fans so annoying to deal with. And it's doubly worst when they barely watch or play the game yet consider themselves to be an armchair expert after having read an article or two on Cricinfo zzzz.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India calls itself a country which loves cricket but 99% of fans just watch ODI or T20 cricket and don't even know lbw laws properly. I have always wished we had less of these mad cricket fans, or they watched some other sport. How lovely it would be to follow your sport without having to deal with the mass hysteria which goes along with it like it does here.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India calls itself a country which loves cricket but 99% of fans just watch ODI or T20 cricket and don't even know lbw laws properly. I have always wished we had less of these mad cricket fans, or they watched some other sport. How lovely it would be to follow your sport without having to deal with the mass hysteria which goes along with it like it does here.
wahhh?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this is true for majority of fans from the SC. Test cricket will not be popular among the masses. I have accepted that. Casual fans get annoying for me during big games or events like World Cup, because they hardly follow the game, so are not aware of recent events, so they will make dumb statements, 'oh why did they pick this player, or why is that guy not in the team, what a **** strategy' without any understanding of which direction the team has taken over the last few months.