• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rahane has 217 runs @ 43.4 in 2013, 809 runs @ 44.9 in 2014 and 593 runs @ 45.6 in 2015 with a bunch of amazing innings littered around. The Laxman/Martyn trend is incredibly ominous.

I really hope he hones the art of playing a 'standard' test match innings where he at least applies himself and gets off to a start coming in at 135-3 on an average test wicket along with continuing in being the outlier in test innings once or twice a series because he has the talent to be the batsman of this generation.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile, Ishant's new-found form beginning with the New Zealand tour seems to have reversed- in three Tests he's played in this series, he's taken only one wicket, so suddenly, his figures beyond 2013 don't look so good. Could the BCCI's excessive emphasis on spin-friendly wickets have caused this?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meanwhile, Ishant's new-found form beginning with the New Zealand tour seems to have reversed- in three Tests he's played in this series, he's taken only one wicket, so suddenly, his figures beyond 2013 don't look so good. Could the BCCI's excessive emphasis on spin-friendly wickets have caused this?
He's bowled perfectly well.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ajinkya overrated Rahane gets 2 hundreds in 1 game in a series where more celebrated stars like Amla, Kohli, ABD, Pujara get none, and he's also the only centurion in the entire series. Wow.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Also,

Rahane day 3 coming in at 57-4 and Kohli batting aggressively - 52 of 152 balls (SR - 34.2)
Rahane day 4 with the intention to declare at 190/4 - 48 of 52 balls (SR - 92)

and it didn't even seem like he was taking any undue risks.

What a ****ing guy.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit Sharma in this series : 26 runs in 4 innings, Avg 6.5

Dale Steyn in this series - 8 runs in 2 innings, Avg 4.

At least Nohit levelled it with Steyn after Steyn had outscored him in the 2013 series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think South Africa is going about it the wrong way. They have barely batted for 2 sessions in this series, and trying to block out 2 days on Day 4 and 5 against Ashwin is just not feasible at this point. It's much better to try to make a statement by playing some shots, and if Amla or AB gets going, they can get to around 250-300 runs which would be a respectable total, something they have not achieved even once in this series.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think South Africa is going about it the wrong way. They have barely batted for 2 sessions in this series, and trying to block out 2 days on Day 4 and 5 against Ashwin is just not feasible at this point. It's much better to try to make a statement by playing some shots, and if Amla or AB gets going, they can get to around 250-300 runs which would be a respectable total, something they have not achieved even once in this series.
I like teams who stonewall to try to draw, SA possibly the only team in the world who do it. They are through 30 overs 1 wicket down anyway.

cnerd123

likes this
Didn't anyone else catch how Bavuma steered one through gully off Ishant, prompting Ishant to take Rahane out of second slip and move him to gully, only for the next ball to be genuinely edged straight through the gap?

I lol'ed.

Here are the gifs:

cnerd123

likes this
I think Bavuma and Amla are playing this perfectly tbh. No risks, no fuss. Both looking solid. Grind the Indian bowlers down and make them do something exceptional to take a wicket. Sensible batting.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think Bavuma and Amla are playing this perfectly tbh. No risks, no fuss. Both looking solid. Grind the Indian bowlers down and make them do something exceptional to take a wicket. Sensible batting.
The blackcaps definitely and possibly Australia would attempt to chase this. England not so much.